Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Third Party 2 - Game Over: Cult Wins... I guess  (Read 21530 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party 2 - Night 2: Unluck Of The Draw
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2010, 06:28:01 pm »

GAME OVER! Scatterbrain + Toaster + Pandarsenic win!

That was an unfortunate round of Third Party.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party 2 - Game Over: Cult Wins... I guess
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2010, 08:02:41 pm »

That stalemate really screwed the round up. :<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »

That stalemate really screwed the round up. :<
A lot of things screwed this round up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2010, 10:12:26 pm »

I said earlier I'd give suggestions after the game.  I like the gametype, and it definitely has potential.  This round, however, was broken.

First off, giving everyone an inspect doesn't work, but that's kind of obvious.  Second, I think the game would be better served with role setup closer to the first game, as that could balance out the win cons.  Survivor's a lot easier to win than, say, the townie.  Third, is there another third party to add?  Another player would help avoid stalemates.

I kind of forgot the rest, but I'll think about it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2010, 04:39:08 am »

hmm. the victory is a hollow one, sadly, as it mostly came down to random chance when nobody only pandar took my offer on. still, thank you for hosting, webadict!

so what's to be done? it's hard to say, really, though it is  disproportionatly easy to win for some (jester, SK) than it is for others (townie), even if this was an exception to the rule. so there's balancing issues. how to fix them... i don't really know, sorry. inspects made sense, but when everyone knew everyone elses roles it just came down to workng out the most logical way to go about things. which wasn't very fun. maybe make a 9th role, a town-ally with cop powers and/or give the mafia ally an inspect (or just make him a mafia cop) instead?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2010, 04:47:35 am »

In hindsight, if I had known that the decision was both going to be among all players AND not count as a lynch, I would of jumped ship and voted with the cult.

I think we can all agree that giving the sk an inspect was totally unneeded. It's already the best role. Mafioso is a very close second, so they also don't need an inspect. The cult, too, doesn't need an inspection. All three roles have an inbuilt method for finding out another player's role already anyways. Jester and Lyncher don't care about the other player's roles. They already know what they're trying to do and want to do it ASAP. That leaves us with only giving inspections to the mafia-ally, townie, and survivor. Survivor would otherwise be a good role that might need an inspection, but it's actually already a very powerful role in this setup, so I think no inspection is needed.

Add a second mafia faction, call em werewolves. Boom, problem solved.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2010, 05:15:45 am »

Add a second mafia faction, call em werewolves. Boom, problem solved.

Dude, it's already hard enough for the townie D:

Also, I would say the Mafia has it better than the SK - it's almost identical, but has the mafia-ally on its side.

Speaking of which, Mafia-Ally is a stupidly easy role to win with. You can win as a sole survivor, with the Mafia (dead or not), with the Cult if you're recruited, and you have the Mafia on your side.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]