Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You have struck admantine!Praise the...Oh crap!  (Read 1776 times)

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You have struck admantine!Praise the...Oh crap!
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:52:51 am »

So,I have heard that mining this thing leads to the opening of clowntopia
I have hit the third cave layer and none of my military dorfs died yet,They are full steel and legendary skills
But I have heard that the game is ruthless and my dorfs can be easily killed any time now.Is the game being easy on me?
So I wanna ask,Will I survive the 3rd cave layer and is it safe to mine admantine?

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You have struck admantine!Praise the...Oh crap!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:01:32 am »

You will survive the carvern layer most likley unless you get a beast with melt dwarf breath :o

The blue stuff well mine at own risk!!!! :)

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:11:01 am »

would need more info than that about that admantine pillar
I dont think I would need it

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:31 am »

adamantine, (when processed) is the most valuable substance in the game. but can open a whole load of crap if not carefull  :P
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:36 am »

You should be able to kill all of the Adamantine emergers with a long corridor of Adamantine and steel spikes.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:42:49 am »

wouldnt large serrated steel disks be more efective or has it changed the last time i checked  :-\
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:53:46 am »

Many demons have now trapavoid. Get some (A thousand or so) war animals down there and create some chokepoints and halls for archers etc. If they pour out of the black bowels of earth they should encounter theyr swift and inevidable doom. Said that you should get some siege weapons too.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 10:03:45 am »

I am not planning to mine adamantine to feed my whole civilization,only enough to equip to the 10 military dorfs
So just digging up the surface metal will open the doors to clowntopia? or its more deeper

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:07:31 am »

Many demons have now trapavoid. Get some (A thousand or so) war animals down there and create some chokepoints and halls for archers etc. If they pour out of the black bowels of earth they should encounter theyr swift and inevidable doom. Said that you should get some siege weapons too.

All demons have trapavoid. Cave-in machines are probably your best bet, especially if the cave-in is caused by an obsidian generator and drops straight into the magma sea(for repeatability).

I am not planning to mine adamantine to feed my whole civilization,only enough to equip to the 10 military dorfs
So just digging up the surface metal will open the doors to clowntopia? or its more deeper
It's random. The demon pit entrance is 2x2, so avoid all the adamantine that is hiding a 2x2 or greater space. Dig completely around the vein to find those spots.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 10:09:48 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:17:55 am »

You can also dig fortifications to see what's behind a tile, but that can be dangerous if you have any clowns that can move through fortifications (if they're made of gas, for instance), or if they have any attacks that can get through (webs, fire, poison breath). If you really want to be cautious, check the demon types in Runesmith.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 10:21:20 am »

Will the game randomize the location of the clowntopia whenever I load the game or is it now fixed and wont be randomized again?
As I can always force quit my way to a healthy fortress

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:34 am »

Well, not every pipe has the clowncar. So if you're in a large enough embark to have more than 1, and you hit the clowns, just force quit and go to the other one. but I think it's fixed. It seems to fit in with the self consistency of the rest of the game.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:36:16 am »

I should mention that a pipe without a tunnel of love is very rare.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 10:42:52 am »

Oh, really? It's not like the circus tent where there's a set number per region tile?

As a side note, I don't see the point in spoilering the hell/demons/adamantine pipes, but the circus analogy is a fun one.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 10:43:06 am »

Do trap avoiders avoid upright spears/spikes linked to a repeater?
Pages: [1] 2