Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 67306 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2010, 09:33:46 pm »

LOVING adventure mode. Got a quest to kill a goblin bowman immediately, found him using the cool new map tools. Is there a "go to location" button I'm missing? I had to walk there normally, using the map as a guide, still cool and functional. Also, when I get my weapon lodged in a dude, I select "I" then my weapon then gain possession, cool. Is there a way to twist it in the wound or some other maneuver for a lodged weapon? If so I would love to know how!

All glory to the ToadyOne!  :D
If I'm right, simply attacking while an edged weapon is stuck in an enemy causes you to twist it around, and usually moving away from the target will rip the weapon out with you.

This is what I've seen as well, just hit the movement key in the direction of the enemy, I guess it will pick the enemy your weapon is stuck in in case of a pile-up?

Other than press the direction the enemy is in is there any way to twist the blade?  I mean I don't always know which enemy my blade is stuck in... or is there a way to check that?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:43:49 pm by EmeraldWind »
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2010, 08:49:05 am »

Technically a stuck-in weapon will show up in both the wielder and the victim's inventories so you could check. But if you're facing multiple opponents anyway, it might be prudent to move away briefly. This will pull out the weapon though of course, you won't get the extra damage (pain infliction) of twisting it.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2010, 06:34:22 pm »

I've never seen twisting the weapon in a wound actually do anything. No extra damage, no passing out from pain... no observable effect at all.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »

I've never seen twisting the weapon in a wound actually do anything. No extra damage, no passing out from pain... no observable effect at all.

I'm wondering, though, if "I didn't see anything" is actually the point.  As in, a lack of further combat messages.  When I twist a weapon, I notice that the enemy in question doesn't usually attack me on that turn.  Would you say the same?  It could be that "the pain" keeps the enemy from acting for a turn, which would be useful for your allies nearby.

--Rexfelum

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2010, 10:53:00 pm »

I'm wondering, though, if "I didn't see anything" is actually the point.  As in, a lack of further combat messages.  When I twist a weapon, I notice that the enemy in question doesn't usually attack me on that turn.  Would you say the same?  It could be that "the pain" keeps the enemy from acting for a turn, which would be useful for your allies nearby.

--Rexfelum
I thought it was simply because twisting the weapon takes less time than attacking, so the enemy has not yet had time. This isn't a turn based game in the traditional sense, everyone is moving at different speeds and actions take a certain number of steps based on your speed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]