Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Vindictus.  (Read 60885 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Vindictus.
« Reply #195 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:58 am »

Are you in the US/Canada? If not, then you won't be able to connect. (without using a proxy)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2010, 06:05:03 am »

I live in Canada so that shouldn't be an issue.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2010, 07:17:07 am »

I would like to receive a key if anyone has a spare.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2010, 09:39:24 am »

I live in Canada so that shouldn't be an issue.
It may be a bad connection; I'm not sure of the methods they use to determine if someone's not eligible to play, but it may be IP scanning or just plain ping/latency. You should probably shoot them an email or check their forum (if they have one) to see whats up.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2010, 09:30:39 pm »

I'll echo the appreciation for an available beta key. Beta will probably open up sooner than I find a key, though.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 05:49:43 am »

There is a way to get a key pretty easy now thanks to the peeps from vindictuswiki.com, they give away keys in their IRC channel. The only thing they ask is that you give back one of the 2 extra keys you receive after activating your beta account. This way they can keep the chain going.

You can send a message to Celadon, Solidus or Bumble. Don't be afraid to ask in channel though more members are doing it. Just give em back one of your keys!

Here the link to the webclient+irc channel.

http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?settings=44b20c4222c9e43f2149ea9534b2dff9&server=irc.gamesurge.net&channel=%23Vindictus

Goodluck, I find it a very enjoyable game so far.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:54:54 am by Sinned »
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »

Sioba on east.

New character being made on the 6th.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 07:03:24 pm »

I think we're getting new content when the game goes open beta on... October 5th or something was it?

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 07:05:34 pm »

I think we're getting new content when the game goes open beta on... October 5th or something was it?

Exactly.
The mage.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2010, 09:41:59 am »

The 3 important things that should be in the manual for Fiona-

1) Perfect Guard: Time the guards, and your stamina and shield stay full... as well as quicken subsequent attack speed. Even WITHOUT counterattack.

2) Guard Cancel: Heavy Stand negates the recovery delay after a combo

3) Attack To Camera (Options Menu): If you disable this, you can attack away from enemies mid combo... to allow for dodging. A followup kick is often possible.

Didn't really pick up on the nice intricacies of the gameplay until I paid attention...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:04 pm »

Exactly.
The mage.

Plus all my equipment that doesn't officially exist will then exist.

Shh.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2010, 07:44:13 pm »

Just wanted to remind everyone that the open beta is up now, although patching is slooooooooooow.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2010, 01:30:27 pm »

Mage was NOT patched in, although new weapons types and levels are.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2010, 09:59:59 pm »

I started playing on East, though I'm only level 5 at the moment.
When do the bosses start to actually pose a threat?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2010, 11:19:55 pm »

I started playing on East, though I'm only level 5 at the moment.
When do the bosses start to actually pose a threat?

Around lvl 10. Giant red Gnoll with a huge hammer hits Smitehappy in the head. It goes sailing off in a bloody arc. T_T
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20