Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Vindictus.  (Read 60027 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vindictus.
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2011, 02:25:14 am »

Gotta say, Vindictus is one of a very small number of MMOs that I was still enjoy playing after six months. It's not something I play everyday, but it's great for a small weekly beer & pretzels LAN party.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2011, 02:39:10 am »

Oh yeah, there's free tokens for a month.

And the labyrinth they added, you can attain some rather hard to get sets very easily.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2011, 05:02:00 am »

Just finished the Labyrinth, took about 3 hours with a team of 3 lvl 60-63s and a lvl 30 something. I got a fancy hat :D. Midnight Wedding I believe.

Team consisted of...

Scythe Evie (me): lvl 63

Staff Evie: lvl 60-63

Hammer Fiona: lvl 60-63

Lann (sword I think): somewhere around lvl 30

I found it very fun, they need to add more stuff like that to the game. This was actually my second run of it, first was a solo attempt. Failed on the 17th floor due to running out of spears on a spear challenge lol.

Also, the new Evie stuff is awesome. Shields are better, Mana Pistol tanks better than the golem (holds aggro better) and you can take nine of them, and Staff Evies can match Scythe Evies now in effectiveness. My only real complaint is that you can no longer throw Mercury traps, which is overshadowed by being able to bring a bunch of it, fit all your alchemy stuff in one slot, and free the secondary weapon spot for other stuff. I am a happy, happy Evie right now.
My personality profile.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2011, 06:38:17 am »

The entire thing is instanced dungeons, and it's peer to peer, people just host their boat and others join.

You can solo all you want but some stuff is really too damned hard to do that with.
Heh, I used to think the Gnoll Chieftan was too hard to solo, then I figured it out. Since then, I haven't found anything to hard to solo yet, although I haven't even gotten as far as that giant polar bear.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2011, 01:42:52 pm »

The entire thing is instanced dungeons, and it's peer to peer, people just host their boat and others join.

You can solo all you want but some stuff is really too damned hard to do that with.
Heh, I used to think the Gnoll Chieftan was too hard to solo, then I figured it out. Since then, I haven't found anything to hard to solo yet, although I haven't even gotten as far as that giant polar bear.
Yeah, so far the only ones that seem literally impossible to solo are the Spider Queen and Titan. And mind you, Sword Lann's Slip Dash has invulnerability frames..

Just finished the Labyrinth, took about 3 hours with a team of 3 lvl 60-63s and a lvl 30 something. I got a fancy hat :D. Midnight Wedding I believe.
I had my level 45 Sword Lann on a team with a 62 Sword Fiona and Scythe Evie, a 63 Sword Lann and we had another 62 Sword Fiona as an assist (Because the assists thing is so easy to abuse) but we died on floor 38 due to them throwing the Spider Queen at us.

Triple Edit: So I have a guild for a few friends and I suppose if there isn't already an official Bay12 guild you can use Aurelian Order as an impromptu one.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:28:24 pm by Lumbajak »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2011, 12:17:38 pm »

There's only so many times you can edit a post before it would probably be better to just doublepost.

At any rate, my characters on the west server are Corvid, Arella and Irena. I guess I should say my guild is obviously on west, too. Since the game is peer to peer, it doesn't really matter which server you're on, as all that matters is your connection to the host (Or to the players if you are the host).

Staff Evie Revamp made her so much better, she actually competes with the scythe now!

Also I don't know about you guys but I haven't seen a Hammer Fiona in ages.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

When I opened this thread I was honestly expecting more Morgan Freeman.

Internet, I am disappoint.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »

I'm told I sound suspiciously like Morgan Freeman, if it's any consolation.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »

I'm Biomek on East, started recently. Who else is playing?

Also, did you notice that Lann's voice acting is stolen from zelda?

BTW, do we have a guild or what?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:49 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:17:58 am by Grimshot »
My personality profile.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2011, 04:03:54 am »

May have to give this another go sometime, last time I played was open beta and I did enjoy it, just didn't have many friends playing.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2011, 05:43:19 am »

Well me and my group of pals don't have any qualms with going back to earlier stuff and helping lower levels. ('specially with the free token event goin' on.)

If you're on West then see previous posts on last page.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:31 pm »

So I don't know about you guys, but Fiona seems rather lackluster in her earlier levels.

Oh, sure, when you get to 30+ you can do all that wonderful crazy shit just like everyone else, but earlier on she's just really damn slow and her shield isn't quite as good yet.

Evidently I'm not the only one who thinks this and I believe that might be one of the main things that puts off new players.

In other news, Staff revamp is still wonderful. Stunning bosses at will is rather amusing.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »

In and playing as Tillaya on West.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2011, 04:38:03 pm »

Right now there's only one playable male character in the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And da I will add you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20