Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hair and beard. What can I do?  (Read 1604 times)

Optimiztic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hair and beard. What can I do?
« on: September 15, 2010, 04:26:11 pm »

Firstly, [TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:BEARD:STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS]. How many other options are there than "standard"? And what are their names? I haven't found any other shapings mentioned, but the fact that it's there seems to signal that there are more. 
Secondly, I saw a [TS_MAINTAIN_LENGTH:NONE:50] token by the positions in the entity token, which I assume makes the positions in question trim their hair and such. (But not beards, god forbid.)

How does this token work and can I apply it in the creature_standard instead? (To, say, make all men keep their hair short and all women keep it long.)

On a side note, yay first post here!

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Hair and beard. What can I do?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:28:37 pm »

I have no idea how the aesthetics of that stuff work. I'd love to know if somebody has figured it out.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: Hair and beard. What can I do?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:46 pm »

The string dump has the following tokens:

NEATLY_COMBED
BRAIDED
DOUBLE_BRAIDS
PONY_TAILS
CLEAN_SHAVEN
STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS
STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS
STANDARD_MOUSTACHE_SHAPINGS
STANDARD_SIDEBURNS_SHAPINGS

I would guess that you can probably use the specific descriptions as alternatives to the standard shapings, though I haven't tried it.  I don't know if there are any differences between the standard beard shapings, standard hair shapings, etc.

You can put the tissue styles in any of the entities, but I don't think they'll work in the creature definitions.  You could give different castes different maximum hair lengths, though.

Code: [Select]
Here we set the growth rate.  This will change the modifier (LENGTH) by 1 each day up to a maximum of 1000 from the start of the dwarf's life (early beards!) for as long as the dwarf is alive. 
The format is (APP_MOD_RATE|<rate>|<scale>|<min>|<max>|<start year>|<start day>|<end year>|<end day>) where the final two tokens can be replaced by NO_END if the growth is to continue indefinitely.

[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]

Picking a suitable value for <max> in the APP_MOD_RATE for hair would, presumably, cause males to always have short hair.  It simply wouldn't grow very long.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.