Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Once a beautiful tree... (elf caravan issue)  (Read 22435 times)

Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Once a beautiful tree... (elf caravan issue)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 02:32:18 pm »

Yeah, I read the notice, but couldn't figure out how to post at the other site, either. Truly gifted interface design.

Thanks much, now at least I have a clue what to do, not that I know how to change my font in game. Or do I change the font somewhere else?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »

Easiest way is to replace your df folder > data > art > font.ttf with another font file. Backup the first one in case something goes wrong.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 08:51:36 pm »

I just turned off truefont, worked fine.

Next problem, I'm having goblin sieges. But, the goblins don't move, they just stand there. I gave them a whole season to come to my fortress, but no dice.

Eventually, I got bored and sent my dwarves out to bash them...the goblins fight back, and are kills.

Now, I've got another siege, and, once again, the goblins don't move. Looking at the 'bug tracker' I don't see anything like this.

So, here I m going to the well once again: is there an easy fix to this, too?

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 11:04:59 am »

Next problem, I'm having goblin sieges. But, the goblins don't move, they just stand there. I gave them a whole season to come to my fortress, but no dice.

Eventually, I got bored and sent my dwarves out to bash them...the goblins fight back, and are kills.

Now, I've got another siege, and, once again, the goblins don't move. Looking at the 'bug tracker' I don't see anything like this.

So, here I m going to the well once again: is there an easy fix to this, too?

Is your fortress accessible to the goblins? If you've created an impregnable fortress with walls, moats, locked doors (if they didn't bring trolls or other building destroyers) then the goblin pathfinding basically decides it can't reach your fortress and will instead wait for you to come to them.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »

My fortress is totally pregnable, it's not even two years old.

I have stone fall traps up all over, but there are quite a few paths right into the fortress that would miss them all. The only thing 'blocking' the entrance is a (microcline) road, built it right up to a downslope--if they can walk on the road, they can sure get in.

Any other guesses?

Doom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »

Welp, the gobbos woke up and gave me a sound thrashing...lawdy, they must have triggered 50 different stone fall traps, and just kept coming. Maybe they stood around so long waiting to attack?

Ah well, I'll just have to pay more attention to defense next time around.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:32 am »

Sorry i'm digging up an old topic, but i figured it was better than starting a topic anew about the same issue. Google found the thread for me.

I've got this problem right now, but the thing is i'm not trying to give the elves any wooden items. I'm trying to trade them Shell Crafts. They seem to think they are wood.

"Mame: Once a beautiful tree, and now? It is a rude bauble, fit only for your kind."

I don't have a lot of wood, so i wouldn't dare make wooden crafts. Is this worthy of a bug report? I'm in 31.20

Got the same problem, I managed to narrow it down to a crystal crown, apparently they tough it was made of wood.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 08:39:06 am »

Sorry i'm digging up an old topic, but i figured it was better than starting a topic anew about the same issue. Google found the thread for me.

I've got this problem right now, but the thing is i'm not trying to give the elves any wooden items. I'm trying to trade them Shell Crafts. They seem to think they are wood.

"Mame: Once a beautiful tree, and now? It is a rude bauble, fit only for your kind."

I don't have a lot of wood, so i wouldn't dare make wooden crafts. Is this worthy of a bug report? I'm in 31.20

Got the same problem, I managed to narrow it down to a crystal crown, apparently they tough it was made of wood.
1) Holy Thread Necromancy, Batman!

2) Crystal glass is made using pearlash, which is made from ash, which is made from... you know.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 [2]