Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: Civilization V  (Read 71164 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization V
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2010, 10:30:09 pm »

So... Samurai units (Japanese unique upgrade to swordsmen) sound awesome. They fight at full strength no matter how damaged they are.

I think you are confused on how awesome they are. ALL Japanese military units have that ability. Samurai are just better longswordsmen that also have an increased chance to produce great generals after combat.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2010, 10:40:13 pm »

So... Samurai units (Japanese unique upgrade to swordsmen) sound awesome. They fight at full strength no matter how damaged they are.

I think you are confused on how awesome they are. ALL Japanese military units have that ability. Samurai are just better longswordsmen that also have an increased chance to produce great generals after combat.
Oh, sorry. That is even more awesome.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2010, 10:56:54 pm »

That ability, combined with two good UU's likely puts Japan as one of the top Civ's. From what I hear on the civfanatics forums, France is a bit too powerful as well.

Only thing that really has me concerned is The Great Wall. Apparently it slows people in your cultural borders, which is absolutely overpowered since it apparently never obsoletes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2010, 10:59:38 pm »

So clearly they will have some balancing issues to work out.

Still, on the whole the game sounds great.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »

No arguments there. Universal consensus of it being awesome from all the reviews and I'm really having to nitpick to find stuff to be scared about. Most everything I find can be easily be modded out anyways.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2010, 11:06:04 pm »

I already have plans for some modding, but will need to see how the modding support is

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »

I know much of what it is capable of doing if you want to know if it's feasible.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:10 pm »

Hard to explain really, and I may alter my plans based on what I see when I get it. Thank you anyway though.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 09:38:32 am »

They fight at full strength no matter how damaged they are.
Eh from what I've seen in gameplay videos it shouldn't be that much of a problem, just finish them off from range.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2010, 10:08:54 am »

They fight at full strength no matter how damaged they are.
Eh from what I've seen in gameplay videos it shouldn't be that much of a problem, just finish them off from range.
Sure this is easy if you have the advantage, but they will still be more costly on average to deal with in an evenly matched fight.

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2010, 05:44:37 pm »

I pre-ordered this yesterday for my birthday. :D

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2010, 05:50:49 pm »

I pre-ordered this yesterday for my birthday. :D

Happy beerthday!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

Funny... I ordered this for pickup at bestbuy since I had a gift card with 10 bucks left with them. Got an email today ??? saying it was ready for pickup.

Went in, they said they can't give it to me even though I can see it behind the counter, and they sent me an email saying I could pick it up.

Eh, will have it tomorrow.  :-\

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2010, 05:32:44 am »

iwantthisiwantthisiwantthis

Only thing keeping me from preordering with a huge pile of money was that my comp can't support it. And I don't really have the time to play or get a new comp.

I'm not a fan of hexes, but from what I've heard, combat, trade, diplomacy got revamped. Sounds like there's some massive changes, and the new graphics are awesome.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2010, 05:50:09 am »

... Japanese units fight at full strength regardless of damage?

I can accept this so long as German units have a 2x critical hit rating. Or something equally awesome.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43