Start over with old players keeping all their inventions
- 0 (0%)
Start over with old players keeping one invention
- 5 (33.3%)
Continue on from where we were
- 1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD Reborn - Turn XXVII - Think Fast  (Read 77623 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a time of great danger, and great wonders. Humanity has entered a golden age of progress, though it remains to be seen where this progress will lead. The world's scientists and inventors have solved most of the world's problems - though causing some of their own in the process.
These same inventors have reached the top of the world's social ladder in the process, and now rule the planet, sometimes even officially.

Several international organizations for these inventors and scientists exist, and it happens that one such organization is recruiting in the home city of half a dozen brave and ambitious individuals who are almost sure to join up, given the chance...

((So I felt like doing this RTD. The setting is mostly semi-futuristic, though the tech level changes from area to area. You can make a steam-powered helicopter when someone else is making a ultra-scifi laser cannon, if you wish. Also, you are fully expected to warp the laws of nature in every creation you make.))

Player List
1. Nirur Torir - Doctor Nirur the 3rd
2. Jetsquirrel - Manfred Von Terro
3. iceball3 - Littleweed Petalbug
4. blackmagechill - Lyle 'Lightning Hook' Johnson
5. FuzzyZergling - Dr. Fuzz
6. Taricus - Taric Al-Sayyid

Waiting List
1. Ahra
2. V-Norrec
3. dragnar (just in case)
4. ExKirby
5. Geen
6. Person
7. Tereson
8. dermonster

Old Waiting List
1. Ochita 
2. kilakan

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Combat Rules (Taken from the Demigods RTD. Err.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:39:05 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD - Signups!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:24:45 am »

Name: Ochita
Appearance: A thin man with messy brown hair and glasses. He always carrys around a clipboard.
Starting Invention: Mini-mech
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 09:39:29 am »

Name: Dr. Cognate
Appearance: Of average build, has medium length hair, black, which covers his ears. Wears a mechanical monocle on his right eye. Is commonly seen flicking a small, round ball in his hand. Wears an olden-day business suit, with amazingly well polished brown shoes.
Starting Invention: A mechanical monocle, with the powers of intense heat outwards to a pin prick size and zooming capabilites.
Background: In his younger years, Cognate, as he is now known, lost all use of his right eye due to a horrible accident in his mechanical workshop. Cognate went onto construct his monocle to aid him in his quest to make amazing steam powered inventions.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:46:21 am by nuker w »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:36 am »

Totally in on this...

Name: SHAD0Wdump
Appearance: Tye-dye T-shirt, Sport Pants, Cheesy Sunglasses, Purple Spiked Mohawk, Constant unsettling grin.
Starting Invention: TOTALLY RADICAL ROCKET SKATEBOARD
Background (optional): Inspired by Bill & Ted movies, this boy decided to follow his dream of inventing the most awesome and radical inventions to ever exist!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 09:42:19 am »

Name:Khan
Appearance:A young man, with crazy blond hair, blue eyes, and giant round glasses.
Starting Invention:Robotic cyborg arm (in place of my left arm.)
Background (optional):As a kid Khan had a love for making things explode, until he blew off his own left arm, much to the amusement of his parents, since then he has strived to create replacement parts for the human body, not just to restore function but to improve over the human body.
Nom nom nom

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 10:09:51 am »

Name: Professor Nirur
Appearance: A bald man who always wears a white lab coat.
Starting Invention: Immortaila - Pills of immortality. (Okay, so they just restore telomorase, keeping people relatively young and stopping them from dying of "old age.")
Background: He spent his youth becoming a doctor, fulfilling his father's dream for him. He then spent several years as a doctor, then finally left to improve the world on his own, disillusioned with the money-hungry nature of the US medical system.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:15:30 am by Nirur Torir »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD - 1 Spot Left!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:01:53 pm »

IN

sheet coming up in a sec

Name: Manfred Von Krank
Appearance: White/silverish long hair,slightly insane, green eyes, medium sized and a heavy voice
Starting Invention: portable nuclear reactor (iron man thing)
Background (optional): None
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:04:26 pm by Jetsquirrel »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:05:35 pm »

Trust Jetsquirrel to choose something that is both an energy source, a bomb, and a comic book reference.....
Nom nom nom

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 12:06:14 pm »

ninja'd :(
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »

Excellent, I'll be writing the first turn now.

EDIT: Dermonster, I've added you to the waiting list.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD - Starting
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 12:24:08 pm »

I shall join the waiting list of Science!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD - Starting
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 01:02:27 pm »

By chance, you are all still on your way to the hall where the League of Inventors have chosen to use as a recruitment center and giant showcase for their latest inventions. The hall is located on the very highest levels of the Golden City, and narrow, curved bridges and buildings with highly-ornamented fronts fill your surroundings.

There is a bridge leading straight to the hall, lit up by complex mechanical lamps. Various public databanks stand alone at the corner of the street, and there is a small airship down on a specific platform, shut down.
The area is curiously devoid of guards and security cameras, none even at the airship. If you wish to work on something, finding and taking materials should not be difficult.
League recruitment doesn't end in a while, anyhow.

Statuses
Ochita

Doctor Cognate

SHADOWdump

Khan

Professor Nirur

Manfred Von Krank

---

NOTE:
Power shows, well, how powerful your invention is. In case of weapons, how big a hole does it leave in the target. With vehicles, how fast it goes and/or how powerful it's weapons are. Also toughness.
Size is the size of the creation. 3 is the normal size for that specific creation (A six while creating a small spoon would still be smaller than anything with, say, a ship or such). Small vehicles will be harder to drive (unless remotely controlled). A rifle of Size 6 is harder to aim, being so huge. Smaller robots have easier time to dodge, etc, etc.
Functionality determines how well your creation works and does the action it's meant to do, simple as that.
Fuel determines the type of fuel and fuel usage. For example, shadowDUMP's rocketboard can use any kind of flammable liquid as it's fuel, and doesn't use up it's reserve so quickly. In Nirur's Immortality Pills, it means the materials needed to create more of them (a moderate amount, but they can be found quite easily, if you're wondering.)

Intelligence is for living creations and robots only; determines how smart the creation is. An Intelligence 6 creation will try to rebel if told to do something it doesn't want to.

I suggest you begin creating immediately, as you've got no equipment save those first inventions. The League's hall will have even fancier materials to work with, though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:44:20 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: For Science! - A Mad Scientist RTD - Turn 0
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 01:09:09 pm »

Both the mech and I shall look for some metal and computer conponents
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 01:14:46 pm »

I mix up some more pills.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 01:15:39 pm »

Find some scrap metal, all great inventions need metal dude.

Wait, do we have to find materials(like in most STDs) or can we make crap spontaneously from our environment?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57