Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: lots of potential fun  (Read 2730 times)

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
lots of potential fun
« on: September 18, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

the hill titan Salul Zedotkithin Kasbenuzar has come!
he's a pterosaur, i assumed this meant he could fly, but the fact that my dwarves are still alive puts that into question.
is there any way i can check?
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

K4el

• Bay Watcher
  • [BORED][AT_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: lots of potential fun
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »

the hill titan Salul Zedotkithin Kasbenuzar has come!
he's a pterosaur, i assumed this meant he could fly, but the fact that my dwarves are still alive puts that into question.
is there any way i can check?

[v] > select him [z] [enter] (that's from memory)

The point is go into his description and see if it talks about wings. If wings then yes, he can likely fly.

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:48:50 pm »

so if there's no wings, he's just a poser pterosaur, and actually a pretty wimpy looking landlubbering wuss who i can proceed to encase in ice?
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »

or maybe ill just put him on display...i could start a collection

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »

so if there's no wings, he's just a poser pterosaur, and actually a pretty wimpy looking landlubbering wuss who i can proceed to encase in ice?
I believe I had one in some game prior to .13, no apparent wings, so I presumed to be safe, but the bastard still flew in.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Apple_Cheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 09:58:26 pm »

I believe I had one in some game prior to .13, no apparent wings, so I presumed to be safe, but the bastard still flew in.

maybe its because the wings are connected to the arms, and counts the arms as a flying limb? Just a thought.

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 10:43:23 pm »

OH GAWD HE TOTALLY JUST FLEW UP ONTO MY RAMPARTS. WHY DIDNT YOU WARN ME D: WERE ALL GOING TO DIEEEE

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

It was a fucking pterosaur. What did you expect? There are creatures for which wings are implied.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 10:46:39 pm »

OH GAWD HE TOTALLY JUST FLEW UP ONTO MY RAMPARTS. WHY DIDNT YOU WARN ME D: WERE ALL GOING TO DIEEEE
is everything in your fort held up by supports? if no, then you lack adequate titan protection.
also, considering that this is a TITAN and not a FB, why is your fort outside at all?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 10:48:15 pm »

is everything in your fort held up by supports? if no, then you lack adequate titan protection.
also, considering that this is a TITAN and not a FB, why is your fort outside at all?

A. Titans don't attack supports. Nor do they attack walls.

B. Some people like making castles.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 10:51:57 pm »

no this is exactly what i expected before i was fooled into a false sense of security by his lethargy and reassuring from the forums! (lawl) my embark is freezing cold, and i was building an ice palace, thats why, but now it will be just a lump of ice indicating the burial site of 80 or so dwarves D: i figured it was safe, since i never saw anything flying in this biome. actually i am hoping that i can buy some time and seal him outside. we shall see.

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 11:00:52 pm »

the plan is to send out my 8 militia dorves and then brick the surface off while the titan kills them

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 11:24:42 pm »

HAH. my militia is kicking its ass. this is a totally unexpected, delicious turn of events

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 11:26:37 pm »

FALSE ALARM, THERE IS NO TITAN, ONLY A MUTILATED CORPSE

Firehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 05:14:40 am »

This thread made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Pages: [1] 2