Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Anyone else get mocked by their wife over DF?  (Read 5762 times)

Fastred

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get mocked by their wife over DF?
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »

Honey?  Do me a favor sweetie pie?  There's a lever out in the garage.  I need you to go pull the lever for me please.

mrbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2010, 06:34:00 am »

lol, what's with the extreme marriage counselling?

It's not as bad as it sounds, and it's all taken in good jest with our friends. I don't mind. I get her back. :)

It just made me think about how the gaming culture, and certain aspects of it, are still treated as such alien things by those people totally out of the loop on it. Unless you understand or have experience of gaming, I can imagine that someone telling you they were running a Dwarf Fortress must have sounded insane.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that's getting this though. :)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2010, 03:55:34 pm »

Explaining DF to anyone is normally grounds for them to run away.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2010, 04:44:50 pm »

Well df. Df is like quantum physics without the right mindset your head expodles. That said i wait for the day when df includes Quantum physics. twice as much head-plosions for the same price.

heh a gamer girl would be nice - sadly they are more searched for the the holy grail.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2010, 05:20:42 pm »

They're a lot more common than that now though. Most don't like DF (and most guys don't either, for that matter) but I haven't really met too many girls that have never played a game they liked, let alone never played one at all, besides older mom-types. It's just becoming more acceptable and common, because it's so prevalent now in male culture that nearly all of them at least tolerate it around them - I think I'd just find it weird if someone I were dating thought it was embarrassing that I was a gamer.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2010, 06:39:55 pm »

My wife plays TF2 every hour of the waking day, so it's all good.
I think I might be acquainted to your wife. Ahem.

Or is it just that TF2 has become a woman's game? Because of the possibility of She-Pyro, perhaps? I do wonder.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

slywolf99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2010, 08:04:29 pm »

My GF doesn't understand. But then she doesn't understand any games really. At least she's more happy i play this then WoW where there are "other girls" O.o i still don't get that one.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2010, 08:27:26 pm »

My GF doesn't understand. But then she doesn't understand any games really. At least she's more happy i play this then WoW where there are "other girls" O.o i still don't get that one.
Sounds like the jealous-to-the-point-of-psychosis type D: I feel bad for you.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »

Lol, my fiancee hasn't actually seen me play DF in front of her. I'm trying to get her into building houses into the Sims first, then I'll see if I can convince her to play DF. She's a civil engineer, which means she sort of likes building epic structures, so I suppose DF might be her kind of game. She gets a cute "omg" look on her face when she steps into a complicated building :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]