Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug 105 +squad oddity (old bug?).  (Read 567 times)

Telok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bug 105 +squad oddity (old bug?).
« on: November 22, 2006, 12:25:00 pm »

Bug 105 is taking a long time to link levers and floodgates, in this case about a year and a half so far. Seems the speed is too slow to allow it to finish before the dwarf gets hungry/thirsty/tired, and the next mechanic has to start over from scratch therefore having the same problem.

The other bit is a leftover from old stuff, I think. When I first designated my squads of marksdwarves I was having a little lizardman problem in one of my defense/moat channel tunnels. So I made squads and set them to patrol the tunnel. Once the problem was cleared up I set them to patrol the main corridor instead. Lately (a year later) I've been finding them patrolling that old channel tunnel instead of the designated route in the mail hall... Dangit, there's one of the little buggers now. Ok, I'm archiving a save for this if you want it.

Telok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bug 105 +squad oddity (old bug?).
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 04:14:00 pm »

Update, about six to nine months later the floodgate got linked.

Marksdwarves are still going to the wrong place though. For a short time I set them to a patrol along the magma because of a fireman (dog got him first) but they still like that first patrol spot.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:02:00 pm »

If you're having trouble getting some mechanics done, try just setting a dwarf who is highly agile to do it.

I don't think the 'mechanic' skill does anything at all except affect the quality level of mechanisms.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 11:11:00 pm »

The patrol problem is bug 120.  The save won't help, since I need to catch it before it happens, but I doubt it will be hard to solve once I attempt it.  There's just some information not being copied properly.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Telok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 03:21:00 pm »

Cool, my quick "Find on page" search didn't turn up the patrol bug as listed. As long as it's somewhere on the to-do list it's good.