Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undertaker fortress  (Read 1258 times)

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undertaker fortress
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:35:59 am »

After the results of the recent swedish election where the swedish nationalist party (Sverigedemokraterna) got something like 5 percent i felt inspired to do a hermit fort with only my starting seven on an island between two rivers and then not let anything in! Sounds like fun right? Well it was, a trader muskox went insane, killed nearly everyone, then i unleashed my warhounds :D they ripped the berzerk survivors to shreds and it rapidly turned into Undertaker fortress, i built huge catacombs that harbors the dead... 233 dead and buried, including pets. Plus the catacombs give the fortress a sense of age, its awesome.
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

SRN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undertaker fortress
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:03:00 am »

Sounds like the way the Danish Folks Party would play Dwarf Fortress. Then again, Dansk Folkeparti and Sverigedemokraterne are pretty interchangable.

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:21:21 am »

You know, not to delve too deeply into politics, but I've noticed a global Nationalist trend, as weird as that may sound. maybe it's more Westernism than Nationalism, but it's definitely there. 

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:30:54 am »

The only orthodox political view should be Mountainhomalist; and btw I'm against deportation of off-state migrants: if they're our people, they should haul; if they're not, they should burn.