Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843788 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #1755 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

i can't seem to get stats/physical attributes to be shown properly
i copied the stuff from an earlier post
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with a newly copied v0.34.07_legacy.ini from the last version of .06
has anyone gotten stats/physical attributes to be shown properly? i use to be able to see physical attributes in the combat tab but now i don't see them, never checked the show details page
i tried finding it on the wiki for this but i gave up after trying the scan memory stuff which i only got 3 vectors and i tried searching this topic but got lost and confused ending with frustration :s

edit: forgot to say i'm running windows 7, if it matters
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:34:03 am by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Darthlawsuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »

"I cannot find the PEB address of DF"

Keep getting that

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 02, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

This is my full v0.34.07.ini for 32bit linux text mode that works for me.  In case anyone is still trying to assemble the pieces.
Goes in /usr/share/dwarftherapist/etc/memory_layouts/linux/, at least on Ubuntu 11.10

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1758 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:25 am »

@splinterz (or anyone else that does know):

I do bundle your version in my mod, since it shows castes as well. This feature is very dear to my users, so I wanted to ask if an updated version for 34.07 with a caste tab does exist. I found a 34.06 version by you, DF Therapist 9, and will try this out for now. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

asmodai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:08 am »

If you look through the src/dwarf.cpp file, it has pretty straightforward functions for reading everything to give you a clue as to what's happening. Best I can tell though, a dwarf can have many names (think legendary dwarves), so the last name may be in a word_chunk anywhere from the start of the last name offset to 0x18 past it (read_last_name() to read_chunked_name() ).
Silly me, totally did no think of using the DT source as inspiration for an idea about the memory model. Thanks for reminding me.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1760 on: April 03, 2012, 06:01:41 am »

i've added the 34.07 layout to my branched build. download the packaged version here.

below is the raw text if you're comfortable updating manually.

as always if you find any issues let me know and i'll update it asap.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:00 am »

i've added the 34.07 layout to my branched build. download the packaged version here.

Still no phys here :/ shows agil as -1 and str as 1 on every dwarf.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1762 on: April 03, 2012, 08:33:28 am »

just tested again with .06 and .07 and all is fine. you must have a version/layout mixup

Skasi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:47 am »

Yay, thanks splinterz! Love your DT9 version. Layout works fine here.

Weazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 03, 2012, 09:58:37 am »

Had a conclusion been come to regarding the calculation method for roles?

Also, I'm curious as to whether we'll be able to set up viewing whether a dwarf is,
A.) a good fit for the role looking at every dwarf in your fortress currently? and
B.) is this dwarf a good fit for a role, universally? (A mediocre soldier may still be the best choice out of many other terrible soldiers. I want to know if they're good for the role altogether)

If I really need the job filled, the best dwarf in the fort is good to know.
but if it's something I can wait on, I'd like to be checking if they're a good match for the job besides being the best choice amongst my horde.

Hope that makes sense.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 03, 2012, 12:00:04 pm »

just tested again with .06 and .07 and all is fine. you must have a version/layout mixup

Yeah it must be something odd going on. It's defo your v9 version but the one thing different is i'm trying Ironhand's tileset pre-packaged distribution. But i've tried a fresh install of that and DT(even wiping out the ini in DnS') I'll have to grab your 9.1 and see how it goes. Maybe i'll just grab the LNP and see how that goes.

Rybec

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 03, 2012, 12:15:32 pm »

Also, I'm curious as to whether we'll be able to set up viewing whether a dwarf is,
A.) a good fit for the role looking at every dwarf in your fortress currently? and
B.) is this dwarf a good fit for a role, universally? (A mediocre soldier may still be the best choice out of many other terrible soldiers. I want to know if they're good for the role altogether)

Calculation accuracy aside, this is already fairly easy to do if you set your grid display to be numbers. If you click on a role name, it'll re-order your dorfs to put either the best, or on a second click, worst dwarves at the top. You can immediately and clearly find who is the best suited out of everyone in the fort.

I've also cobbled together a gridview that puts the roles next to their labors for ease of assingment. May as well throw it up in case anyone wants it.
It's based off a reordered labor list that is also included. I made a reordered view to make common tasks easier on my laptop, which is limited to 1024x768 and therefore doesn't fit all the labors at once even if I shrink the grid size. I removed labors from the combination view that don't have an associated role yet (e.g. hauling, cleaning, bowyer)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9066646/laborrolesReordered.dtg

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57:22 pm »

I installed the Linux version with the following commands:

$ sudo apt-get install mercurial
$ hg clone https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/ (wait for a bit, it displays blinking cursor)

$ cd dwarftherapist/
$ qmake
$ make (this takes a while)
$ sudo make install

I then added ini for 34.07 in /usr/share/dwarftherapist/etc/memory_layouts/linux/ (I took the contents from this thread. To add the file I used (because without sudo access is denied on saving file)
$ sudo gedit

Specs: Linux Mint 9, 32 bit, Pentium 4, 1 GB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro with 128 MB RAM.
It runs and changes jobs in 0.34.07
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 03, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

Found the problem...i had copies of the 34.07 ini's which i was testing out various offsets with, and DT was reading everything in that directory, and obviously came across the older versions first/last and used those in preference to the file just named v0.34.07_graphics.ini, ie it was using "Copy of v0.34.07_graphics.ini" instead of the main file ;p so a tiny lil bug there.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »

As a layout user I've a new smallish pet peeve: please try to state the os your layout targets, it's getting very hard to find the right one using the search function.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 192