Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 847365 times)

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #1785 on: April 04, 2012, 06:56:25 pm »

Feature request: Can we get the ability to add dwarves to existing burrows?
A great idea!
I'd really like that for vampire control
Rather poor idea, vampire will ignore burrows on feeding.

I'm aware of that, but as soon as migrants come, I assign the whole wave to a room that I can lock. The vampires aren't hungry when they enter the map, and mortal dwarves show "Thirsty" before the vampires strike.

Regardless, the burrow interface is a giant clusterfuck, so having DT manage it would be better anyway.

Next feature request: Have a "group by" dropdown menu entry for "Highest moodable skill". Would be useful when trying to make sure my peasants end up mooding candy cane sticks rather than another ☼Lignite Left Sock☼

wzam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 04, 2012, 08:20:41 pm »

Steps for OSX
1) Download latest version of DT.
2)Ctrl+click on DT and choose "Show package contents"
3)Go to Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx
4)Open up text edit
5)Paste this into a new text document
Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum=0x20d42b0f
version_name=v0.34.07
complete=true

[addresses]
translation_vector=0x015bf940
language_vector=0x015bf928
creature_vector=0x0157e5ec
dwarf_race_index=0x01565f60
squad_vector=0x015bc4f4
current_year=0x01563a20

[offsets]
word_table=0x001C

[word_offsets]
base=0x0000
noun_singular=0x0004
noun_plural=0x0008
adjective=0x000C
verb=0x0014
present_simple_verb=0x0018
past_simple_verb=0x001C
past_participle_verb=0x0020
present_participle_verb=0x0024

[dwarf_offsets]
first_name=0x0000
nick_name=0x0004
last_name=0x0008
custom_profession=0x003c
profession=0x0040
race=0x0044
flags1=0x008C
flags2=0x0090
sex=0x00A6
id=0x00A8
recheck_equipment=0x0158
current_job=0x0284
turn_count=0x052b
states=0x0
souls=0x05f8
labors=0x0614
happiness=0x06a4
squad_ref_id=0x0708

[soul_details]
skills=0x01D4
traits=0x01EC

[job_details]
id=0x0008
on_break_flag=0x0011
sub_job_id=0x0040

[squad_offsets]
id=0x0000
name=0x000C
members=0x0044

[valid_flags_1]
size=1
1\name=Not from around these parts
1\value=0x80000000

[valid_flags_2]
size=1
1\name=Dead. Deceased. An Undwarf!
1\value=0x02000000

[invalid_flags_1]
size=7
1\name=a zombie
1\value=0x00001000
2\name=a skeleton
2\value=0x00002000
3\name=a merchant or diplomat
3\value=0x00000040
4\name=outpost liason
4\value=0x00000800
5\name=an invader or hostile
5\value=0x00020000
6\name=an invader or hostile
6\value=0x00080000
7\name=an invader or hostile
7\value=0x000C0000

[invalid_flags_2]
size=2
1\name="dead, Jim."
1\value=0x00000080
2\name=from the Underworld. SPOOKY!
2\value=0x00040000
6)Save the file and ctrl+click on it and choose "Get info"
7)Change the "Name & Extension" field to "v0.34.07.ini". It might ask you to confirm, choose yes if it does.
8)Move the file into Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx
9)Close the window and open up DT.

Oh my god, thank you!

rethnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 05, 2012, 12:38:57 am »

not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I compiled DT on Linux following the instructions in the comments and it worked great. DT appears to work correctly except for one very important aspect enabling jobs. if I click on a dwarfs job it simply selects the dwarf in the list, as if I clicked on their name. if I right click on a job it will show the option the enable the whole category for that dwarf.

Has any one ran into this issue before?I gave a quick search through the bug tracker but couldn't quite find the same issue.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 05, 2012, 12:55:31 am »

Feature request: Dump a png file with whatever is currently displayed in the current Grid Layout. We can make nice pictures for Let's plays, but it takes some editing with a graphic program. This feature would make that instantaneous.

Should be easy as pie:

With DT active press ALT+Print screen
Switch to your program of choice(use IrfanView, as it's the best! ;p ) press CTRL+V
Press CTRL+S and give it a name and where you want to save it, choosing PNG as the filetype.
Profit!
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 05, 2012, 04:50:34 am »

Next feature request: Have a "group by" dropdown menu entry for "Highest moodable skill". Would be useful when trying to make sure my peasants end up mooding candy cane sticks rather than another ☼Lignite Left Sock☼

How about making a custom grid layout with "moodable skills", then sorting it by "sum of skills", would this work?

Feature request: Dump a png file with whatever is currently displayed in the current Grid Layout. We can make nice pictures for Let's plays, but it takes some editing with a graphic program. This feature would make that instantaneous.

Should be easy as pie:

Switch to your program of choice(use IrfanView, as it's the best! ;p ) press CTRL+V
Press CTRL+S and give it a name and where you want to save it, choosing PNG as the filetype.
Profit!

Your method doesn't work, and you offend me by suggesting I didn't know about making several print screens and glueing them together in a graphics program. About the only difference <ALT+Print screen> makes, is that under Gnome I get a dump of current program window, and under Windows XP the whole screen (which is the same as using print screen). My feature request was about not needing to edit several print screens to get a nice dump like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:33:23 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1790 on: April 05, 2012, 05:44:47 am »

@Maklak - with gnome i think you can do things similar to vista's snipping tool via gnome-screenshot --interactive, otherwise perhaps try shutter?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 05, 2012, 06:12:52 am »

How about making a custom grid layout with "moodable skills", then sorting it by "sum of skills", would this work?

Should be easy as pie:

Profit!

Your method doesn't work, and you offend me by suggesting I didn't know about making several print screens and glueing them together in a graphics program. About the only difference <ALT+Print screen> makes, is that under Gnome I get a dump of current program window, and under Windows XP the whole screen (which is the same as using print screen). My feature request was about not needing to edit several print screens to get a nice dump like this:

Yes you'll still need to stick them together, but alt+print screen certainly does only capture the currently active window but yes only under windows and not Linux.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:20 am »

@Maklak - with gnome i think you can do things similar to vista's snipping tool via gnome-screenshot --interactive, otherwise perhaps try shutter?

I don't care about snipping tool, or better ways to capture screen. It is just as easy to
1) <(Alt +) Print Screen> (which works under Gnome, but works as normal Print Screen under Windows),
2) run GIMP,
3) new image (name: Screens),
4) paste,
5) new layer from paste,
6) resize image to layers,
7) rectangular select whatever I need,
8) new image (name: DT_dump)
9) paste
a) new layer from paste

After that I move what is seen in DT, take another screenshot, and paste is as a new layer on top of 'Screens', cut what I need, and paste it to DT_dump, while resizing DT_dump image to fit layers, and zooming 8 times to align pixels prefectly. I repeat this several times, as necessary, but it is tedious, even when I have access to 1920x1200 screen.

So no, to do this faster I don't need a better Print Screen, or better cut tool. What I need is either Dwaft Therapist feature for dumping image from current grid layout, or a desktop with resolution approaching 2500 x 3000 pixels, where I could maximize DT and see everything at once.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:10:10 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 05, 2012, 10:32:06 am »

How would I go about doing that? I haven't used the custom grids ever. Is there any doc/howto on using them?

Tres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 05, 2012, 11:51:33 am »

Hi,
seems I have a problem with DT, I'm using 34.07 DF version, I did update the .ini file etc. according to instructions written earlier, though somethings wrong: I can't see my dwarves' skills. All of my guys have zero experience in everything according to the grid. Seems that DT fails to read skill attributes.

Any idea how to fix this?

Update 1:
Oh, and it seems that moods aren't right either.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:55:02 am by Tres »

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:09 am »

Anyone have 34.07 Linux memory layouts for the splinterz build?

As a layout user I've a new smallish pet peeve: please try to state the os your layout targets, it's getting very hard to find the right one using the search function.

This. Sadly it seems splinterz doesn't include Linux layouts in recent versions of the git tree. But I'm a diehard for this fork of DT. This alone is what's keeping me in 34.06.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1796 on: April 05, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »

As a layout user I've a new smallish pet peeve: please try to state the os your layout targets, it's getting very hard to find the right one using the search function.

This. Sadly it seems splinterz doesn't include Linux layouts in recent versions of the git tree. But I'm a diehard for this fork of DT. This alone is what's keeping me in 34.06.

sorry about that. i just don't feel i should be including linux/osx layouts if i can't test them.  :-\ if anyone wants to pm me layouts they know work i have no qualms bundling them in!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 05, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »

What I need is [...] a desktop with resolution approaching 2500 x 3000 pixels, where I could maximize DT and see everything at once.

In Gnome, which uses X Windowing System, you should be able to create a virtual desktop of that size which your physical screen pans around via moving the mouse "off the screen".

You might be able to do it from this control panel:
http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/look-resolution.html.en

You might be able to mess around with xrandr:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2

Or you might have to manually use the --fb and --panning command-line options when X Windows starts.

As for this:

<(Alt +) Print Screen> (which works under Gnome, but works as normal Print Screen under Windows),

Alt-PrintScreen certainly does capture a single window under MS Windows.  It is definitely different than PrintScreen with no modifier key.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:36 pm »

When I originally saw Maklak's request for a grid dump, I also thought that he should just use printscreen. But after reading his explanations, I think I agree with him. It would be useful. Trying to paste a bunch of shots together would be a pain, and having to change one's virtual screen to whatever mammoth proportions would be needed is also a pain.

On the other hand, I don't think it's a very high priority compared to other features. It's not just tweaking existing functionality, it's adding something completely new. And it's not something the majority of the users will use. So Maklak, how are your coding skills? I'm sure if you submitted a patch to DwarfEngineer or splinters, they'd be happy to add it in.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 05, 2012, 12:49:40 pm »

I posted my layouts that work with the splinterz release here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3153962#msg3153962

Like I said though, haven't tested curses in .07, but everything else I know works.

sorry about that. i just don't feel i should be including linux/osx layouts if i can't test them.  :-\ if anyone wants to pm me layouts they know work i have no qualms bundling them in!

I can send you mine for at least .05 to .07 if it helps. I've been using them in a local clone of your code, but could also make a github branch of it (if anybody wants a DT plugin for instantly invulnerable dwarves :P )
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 192