Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 847156 times)

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2115 on: May 30, 2012, 03:42:21 am »

Great work:) I have a request: can noble positions be showed near you dwarfes, so that you won't conscript your manager in the squad by incident and them start trying to understand why are those job not assigned to workshps.

Thanks for your work.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:46 am »

Noble positions are stored very differently from job positions, and I'm not sure if therapist can support them yet.

DFhack does, though.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: May 30, 2012, 04:50:11 am »

Well it is only a humble request that's it:) But knowing that THIS one is your manager can make you reconsider making him a hunter:) Just a simple (not so simple to implement though) usability upgrade to DT. Also having some role evaluation to noble positions could be quite awesome too;)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2118 on: May 30, 2012, 08:39:39 am »

thanks for all the support! :)

@Tierre: i'd like to show the noble positions, but as Japa has pointed out, it may be tricky to find them. i'll have to dig through dfhack's offsets and see if i can figure out how/where they're using them

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #2119 on: May 30, 2012, 08:45:52 am »

thanks for all the support! :)

@Tierre: i'd like to show the noble positions, but as Japa has pointed out, it may be tricky to find them. i'll have to dig through dfhack's offsets and see if i can figure out how/where they're using them
Autolabor applies an assignment penalty based on responsibilities, which are derived from nobles, and has special cases for the CMD and broker.  See https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/plugins/autolabor.cpp, lines 779 to 807.

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: May 30, 2012, 07:16:33 pm »

Another bug for you splinterz:

Started a new fort and upon going to squads, I see garbage left over from my last fort. Namely the squad names I used:

Upon unpausing after looking at this issue, two of my dwarfs randomly turned into recruits. I didn't even go into the military screen in DF yet!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:19:20 pm by Jon-Ace »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: May 30, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

Another feature request:
Can we have a list of happy and bad thoughts listed in a good and bad categories with a number that shows how strong of an effect that thought has? It could be hidden in a right click menu like you did with the squad assignments.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: May 31, 2012, 12:21:52 am »

Upon unpausing after looking at this issue, two of my dwarfs randomly turned into recruits. I didn't even go into the military screen in DF yet!
In Soviet Russia you become a recruit upon your birth.
Finis sanctificat media.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:56 am »

• dwarfs can be assigned/removed from squads via right-click menu. you can assign/remove multiple dwarfs at once. this is done immediately and if grouping by squad the view will be refreshed automatically. only squads with positions available are shown. there may be some invalid squads, i haven't sorted out a way to filter them yet.

To find which squads actually belong to the current fortress, you need to use ui->main.fortress_entity->squads (contains ids). The same fortress_entity thing also contains noble positions and assignments, but they are more complicated to understand.

Also, you may want to disable changing the squad commander, because that entails appointment as the commander/captain, and DT can't do that, since it involves creating objects - although just simply opening the military screen in-game fixes any mismatch automatically.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:23:52 am by ag »

MaxxK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: May 31, 2012, 01:28:48 am »

I've tried to merge splintermind-attributes branch with mainstream to get OS X support and now I'm trying to find correct offsets for 0.34.10.

If anyone can correct me, it would be great:

• Is it ok that cur_year_tick here is 8 bytes next to the current_year? There is another offset with cur_year_tick, but it's about few megabytes from main data area.
  • Is there any markers to find last four offsets?
  • How can inactive_squad_vector (and, if possible, all the others) be verified?

And is it normal that DT crashes and hangs DF when I'm trying to read dwarves? It looks like creature_vector and active_creature_vector have the same lengths in Windows and Mac versions for the same save. Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:23:18 am by MaxxK »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2125 on: May 31, 2012, 04:56:54 am »

• dwarfs can be assigned/removed from squads via right-click menu. you can assign/remove multiple dwarfs at once. this is done immediately and if grouping by squad the view will be refreshed automatically. only squads with positions available are shown. there may be some invalid squads, i haven't sorted out a way to filter them yet.

To find which squads actually belong to the current fortress, you need to use ui->main.fortress_entity->squads (contains ids). The same fortress_entity thing also contains noble positions and assignments, but they are more complicated to understand.

Also, you may want to disable changing the squad commander, because that entails appointment as the commander/captain, and DT can't do that, since it involves creating objects - although just simply opening the military screen in-game fixes any mismatch automatically.

ah i see. at first i tried comparing them with the 'bad squads' vector but that wasn't working consistently. yeah i was actually surprised to see that changing the commander seemed to work. originally i intended not to assign them, but after trying it out i thought it might be alright. do you think it'll potentially cause problems?

i've taken a look at the autolabor script link posted before for the nobles, but i've been getting hung up on how to read the assignment_id for a histfig_entity_link_positionst.

anyway thanks for all the help.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:25:20 am by splinterz »

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: May 31, 2012, 05:24:28 am »

ah i see. at first i tried comparing them with the 'bad squads' vector but that wasn't working consistently. i didn't even try the ui vector as i saw the note about it only being valid when the ui was displayed. thanks for the help.

Don't ever look at those 'bad' vectors: they are 'bad' because they are serialization/deserialization temporaries and basically contain garbage once anything changes. Can even contain dangling pointers if/when some objects get deleted.

Re ui: that's a different vector altogether. I pointed you at the vector inside the fortress entity (object of the same general kind as civilization).

yeah i was actually surprised to see that changing the commander seemed to work. originally i intended not to assign them, but after trying it out i thought it might be alright. do you think it'll potentially cause problems?

It can be surprising. Maybe it should warn that you should open the military screen in-game and look at the squad to finalize changes if you change the commander.

i've taken a look at the autolabor script link posted before, but i've been getting hung up on how to read the assignment_id for a histfig_entity_link_positionst.

hm?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2127 on: May 31, 2012, 05:31:35 am »

ah i see. at first i tried comparing them with the 'bad squads' vector but that wasn't working consistently. i didn't even try the ui vector as i saw the note about it only being valid when the ui was displayed. thanks for the help.

Don't ever look at those 'bad' vectors: they are 'bad' because they are serialization/deserialization temporaries and basically contain garbage once anything changes. Can even contain dangling pointers if/when some objects get deleted.

Re ui: that's a different vector altogether. I pointed you at the vector inside the fortress entity (object of the same general kind as civilization).

yeah i was actually surprised to see that changing the commander seemed to work. originally i intended not to assign them, but after trying it out i thought it might be alright. do you think it'll potentially cause problems?

It can be surprising. Maybe it should warn that you should open the military screen in-game and look at the squad to finalize changes if you change the commander.

i've taken a look at the autolabor script link posted before, but i've been getting hung up on how to read the assignment_id for a histfig_entity_link_positionst.

hm?

haha i was just editing my post as i realized the mistake about the squad vector. for the nobles i was assuming i'd have to walk through similar to this

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: May 31, 2012, 05:50:51 am »

for the nobles i was assuming i'd have to walk through similar to this

The game does it that way, yes; that's because it has to be able to deal with foreign nobles, e.g. diplomats and similar. If you are only interested in local ones, you can directly use fortress_entity->positions.own and fortress_entity->positions.assignments.

Edit: also, see here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/modules/Units.cpp#L710. That autolabor code was copy&pasted from here.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:58:53 am by ag »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2129 on: May 31, 2012, 09:57:19 am »

for the nobles i was assuming i'd have to walk through similar to this

The game does it that way, yes; that's because it has to be able to deal with foreign nobles, e.g. diplomats and similar. If you are only interested in local ones, you can directly use fortress_entity->positions.own and fortress_entity->positions.assignments.

Edit: also, see here: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/master/library/modules/Units.cpp#L710. That autolabor code was copy&pasted from here.

to indicate which dwarfs are nobles that should work perfectly! thanks again.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 192