Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843774 times)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2130 on: June 01, 2012, 09:11:13 am »

Here's an issue I've been having with splinterz' branch:

The labor group cells are being highlighted with a deep blue color and a dark navy when some but not all dwarves in the group have a particular labor turned on.  I checked vanilla Therapist, but it's not happening there.  I also switched my settings back to the defaults in case it was the result of some option I switched on unaware, but that didn't fix the problem.  Anyway, the blue colors are making it difficult to see if labors are tunred on when I highlight a group.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2131 on: June 01, 2012, 09:59:36 am »

try changing the colour of the partial group cell in the options and see if that helps

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:41 am »

That looks like it might work, though I didn't change that color, it was on default.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

LuRockz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 02, 2012, 05:03:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I downloaded the latest version of DT and DF and tried connecting, this is what I got.

MaxxK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 03, 2012, 02:54:34 am »

So, there is working DT for OS X with splinterz' modifications:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwEa50ni6h2NUmFuZE9IcVoxNzg

Use with caution, I didn't have any time to play and check :) I've switched autoupdate off.

And this is ini-file for 34.10 OS X, if anyone wants to merge and compile DT on his own (based on linux version):

Purple_Drink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 03, 2012, 07:14:17 pm »

I downloaded the latest version of DT and DF and tried connecting, this is what I got.

I had the same problem. i downloaded the ini files on the link below into   C:\DwarfTherapist-0.6.12/etc/memory_layouts/windows

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.2055

hope that helps.
The only way to win life is to reach the end. The longer it takes for you to reach the end the more points you have, that's why everyone wants to live forever. So they can get a high score.

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

Thank you so much for your work on DT.  It makes many additional aspects of DF interesting and engaging instead of a chore.

There is one thing in DT that drives me crazy though - the way the main grid scrolls back to the top when you change tabs.  Once a fort gets to 200+ dwarves, it seems I spend half my time in DT scrolling back down to the dwarf I want when I change tabs, commit pending changes or read dwarves.

I presume this is an automatic behavior of the grid UI element when it is refreshed, but would it be possible in code to record your viewing position in the list and then force the grid back to that position after it refreshes?

This would save me and I'm sure many others so much time and annoyance, not to mention wear and tear on our mouse wheels.   :)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »

This is a great utility; Dwarf Fortress would probably be completely unplayable without it.

That said, would it be at all possible for you to add the ability have it read dwarves' attributes in addition to their skill levels and personality traits?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2138 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »

This layout appears to work with DF 34.11, for the DwarfEngineer version of DT under Windows.  Name it v0.34.11_graphics.ini

There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #2139 on: June 05, 2012, 12:25:21 am »

This layout appears to work with DF 34.11, for the DwarfEngineer version of DT under Windows.  Name it v0.34.11_graphics.ini

Uhh... do what with what? I'd like to know, because as is, I can't use DT anymore. Does it work for vanilla DT, or do I have to go hunting through the topic for a specific thing? (I already tried the search function, it didn't work, so don't even go there)
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 05, 2012, 02:43:13 am »

I've uploaded Dwarf Therapist for 34.11 to DFFD using the .ini file provided by Slink, for the good of all.

Uhh... do what with what? I'd like to know, because as is, I can't use DT anymore. Does it work for vanilla DT, or do I have to go hunting through the topic for a specific thing? (I already tried the search function, it didn't work, so don't even go there)

It's actually very easy, although the instructions on how to do so (probably repeated a few dozen times) are buried deep within this thread, somewhere between cavern layer 3 and the magma sea. Which is why I upload a complete working version, as seen above, as a stopgap until DwarfEngineer gets the autoupdate.. well, updated.

So feel free to use the link above, but just for your enlightenment, here's how it's done:
-Download the old Dwarf Therapist from page 1
-Navigate to DwarfTherapist-0.6.12\etc\memory_layouts\windows (assuming you're using windows, of course, you'll have to ask someone else about Mac or Linux)
-Copy/paste one of the old .ini and rename it to "v0.34.11_graphics.ini" or whatever the latest version is
-Open it with a text editor and replace the code in there with that stuff Slink posted (someone, often Slink, will post this shortly after any DF update)
-Save.

Naturally these instructions - like all the ones before them - will quickly be lost to the mists of time, so you may look forward to me keeping that listing on DFFD updated. If I miss an update just comment on DFFD or PM me here to nudge me - or do it yourself, now that you are among the enlightened :P
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:48:54 am by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

yamamushi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2141 on: June 05, 2012, 07:30:13 am »

Any chance someone has the layouts for 34.11 on OSX?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #2142 on: June 05, 2012, 09:51:08 am »

Thanks muchly!

Maybe the OP should add that to the first post?
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 05, 2012, 11:04:00 am »

I have a question, how can we manage squads from therapist? Or that feature was completely removed?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

You can manage squads in splinterz branched version, but that hasn't made it back to the official version yet.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 192