Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 846818 times)

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2190 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:55 pm »

I'm on OS X, and Dwarf Therapist doesn't seem to be working for me with 0.34.11 currently. What do I do with the OS X offsets to make it work?
You would have to paste them into your Dwarf Therapist application manually. While not a particularly difficult process, it involves use of the command line. Command-line environments have been found to cause panic and anxiety in the technologically challenged. Proceed at your own risk; consult your local Mac or Linux/Unix guru if symptoms persist:)

First, select the stuff in that 'code' block -- all of it -- and copy it to clipboard with Apple-C. Then open a terminal window (Applications/Launchpad -> Utilities -> Terminal) and, in the terminal window, proceed as follows (text in parenthesis are instructions for you to follow, text outside parenthesis are commands for you to type as shown):

Code: [Select]
cat > v0.34.11.ini
(Now press Apple+V on your keyboard to paste the offset text, then RETURN followed by Control+D. You should get the terminal prompt back at that point.)
cd /Applications/DwarfTherapist.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx
sudo cp ~/v0.34.11.ini .
(It will ask you for your password, type it, your keystrokes will not show up on the screen. Once you hit RETURN and see the terminal prompt again, you're done and can press Control+D to end your terminal session.)

Now launch Dwarf Therapist like you normally would and it should connect to v0.34.11.

There is an easier approach for osx. If you right-click on Dwarf Therapist in your applications folder, click "show package contents" it shows you all the files associated with the program.

That shows you the myriad of folders associated with the Therapist. To find the memory layouts, go through MacOS>etc>memory_layouts>osx There you'll find the .ini files for the current version. You can open textedit and copy/paste the data and save it as an appropriately-named .ini file into the folder.

It seems a little bit complex, digging through all those folders. But at least you aren't using the command line.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 09, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

Rememberer folks: When you use the command line, you're in command.

But here the command line is a convenience for navigating to the correct folder and not opening a text editor. You can instead navigate to the folder through the gui, and then use a text editor to save the information under the proper name.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2192 on: June 09, 2012, 06:34:40 pm »

@splinterz

There seems to be a little problem with the info in the mouse-overs sometimes. At least after changing some options and re-read the dwarfs.
The related roles percentages in the cell mouse-over seems to differ until you switch to the roles tab and back. The same for the top 3 roles in the name mouse-over, first there are zero roles, after switching to the roles tab and back there are three again...

Running @ Win7 x64

do you need to go to the roles tab, or does selecting another dwarf on the current tab refresh it after a read?

plaidman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 09, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

Did I miss something? Have the OSX offsets for .11 been posted?

Geleihoofd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 09, 2012, 09:49:59 pm »

do you need to go to the roles tab, or does selecting another dwarf on the current tab refresh it after a read?

Yes, I have to go to the roles tab.

To be more precise, I have to go to the roles tab every time I've commited some changes to DF, otherwise the top 3 (I use 10) roles are gone and the role percentages are scaled down (since it doesn't make any difference in sorting).

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 10, 2012, 01:02:06 am »

Same observation than Geleihoofd there, on win 7, 32 bits.
Pop up on a dwarf : 0 top 3 roles, change tab, going back : top 3 displayed in pop up.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

ludsoe

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urst of Urstland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 10, 2012, 01:41:44 am »

If anyone's interested, I have working offsets for v0.34.11 on OSX. These are for vanilla Dwarf Therapist; at the moment I can't make Splinterz's version build.

How do i make windows 7 compatible offsets? Im very confused.
Ludsoe has cancels life: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

(Reserved for more stuff)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:17 am »

You don't, you download the ones posted previously.

ludsoe

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urst of Urstland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 10, 2012, 01:51:10 am »

You don't, you download the ones posted previously.

I get this with and with out the Mac OSX offsets. Were the windows ones already posted a few pages back?

Edit: I didn't look back far enough sorry for wasting your time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 01:53:21 am by ludsoe »
Ludsoe has cancels life: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

(Reserved for more stuff)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:57 am »

Yes, yes they were. They were posted the day that 0.34.11 came out.

The OSX offsets won't work because, well, they're the OSX offsets, not the windows offsets.

Thorik

• Bay Watcher
  • Inspector of Conspicuous Cheeto Consumption
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 10, 2012, 01:45:47 pm »

Here's the download for windows again so you don't have to look around http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6064&posted=true#c_510
I like sushi.

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 10, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »

Hey Splinterz, you've been doin' a great job expanding what dwarf therapist can do.  I love it.

However... lol, I've got the same role bug reported by others recently, and in addition migration waves aren't displaying properly.  I haven't done any testing to see just what they are doing wrong, but it's definitely getting all jumbled up.  That's on DT 13, 34.10, Windows 7 64 bit.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2202 on: June 10, 2012, 05:23:18 pm »

Hey Splinterz, you've been doin' a great job expanding what dwarf therapist can do.  I love it.

However... lol, I've got the same role bug reported by others recently, and in addition migration waves aren't displaying properly.  I haven't done any testing to see just what they are doing wrong, but it's definitely getting all jumbled up.  That's on DT 13, 34.10, Windows 7 64 bit.

yeah i'll have a fix out for the roles problem as well as the migration wave sorting soon™

edit: in the mean time for the migration sorting, clicking the column header for the dwarf names seems to fix up the grouping sort
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:43:11 pm by splinterz »

chrisadams3997

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:15 pm »

Nice  :D

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 10, 2012, 09:17:07 pm »

Here it is guys, I coded this up from scratch

This is my proposal for Dwarf Therapist (Splinterz is aware of it, I just needed to get the last idea of coverage in their correctly).

Idea is similar to Dwarf Organizer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z4xnzb28qx6xwqr
http://www.mediafire.com/?e6khcaecehpke6s

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone pointed out I wasn't too clear on what this does from this post.

So, it analyzes your dwarf's based on role %'s, and uses a pre-defined list (which a user would create, preferrably inside DT) that filters dwarf's based on role % and then eliminates them from future labor assignments as they are "assigned" up to jobs.

That's basically what it does, optimal labor assignment.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:42:56 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 192