Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 847343 times)

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2535 on: September 21, 2012, 06:04:19 am »

I've played DF vanilla for the entire time I've played it - now I'm looking into dwarf the rapist.
It looks amazing! My only problem on first start up though: having the names of the jobs so that I have to tilt my head is super distracting. Do you get used to it?
Can I do anything about it?

Murmur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: September 21, 2012, 06:08:10 am »

I've played DF vanilla for the entire time I've played it - now I'm looking into dwarf the rapist.
It looks amazing! My only problem on first start up though: having the names of the jobs so that I have to tilt my head is super distracting. Do you get used to it?
Can I do anything about it?

I had that very same problem at first too! But after a little while I got used to it. Now I can use the program without tilting my head at all!

Lesconrads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: September 21, 2012, 06:50:26 am »

Thats kind of what I expected... it is the same thing with DF I guess - you really need some time to get used to the interface and the "graphics".
Nevertheless I wish there was any other option. My suggestion would be some icons additionally to the text with the option to only use the icons (+ mouse over tool tip, I guess), flipped Text abbreviation
l
i
k
e
^ that or something.
I hope I'm not stirring up a much discussed topic again - I did not read all the 160 pages of this thread but only the last few.

DNK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:45 am »

I'd settle for a table where each section had columns with two colors (or two shades of the same color), so it was just easier to differentiate dozens of rows removed from the labels. For example:
 X=dark blue, O = navy blue
(for the smithing labors)
XOOOXOOOX

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2539 on: September 21, 2012, 08:02:56 am »

if you're using my build, try switching the header text to draw from bottom to top in the options. depending on which eye is dominant and which way you're more inclined to naturally tilt your head this may be easier for you to read.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:04:31 am by splinterz »

decev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: September 25, 2012, 05:26:14 am »

I much prefer the splinterz version, but it has two problems for me. First is that the size of the grid changes back and forth between squares and tall rectangles, about half the time when I click on it. For example, I'll want to enable all the medical labors on a dwarf. When I click "diagnosis" all of the squares will change to rectangles which moves the labor checkbox for surgery down about an inch or two on my screen. When I click that one they change back into squares and move back up. It's way more annoying than it sounds.

The other problem is that dwarf fortress seems to crash sometimes when saving and I have the splinterz version running. It's very intermittent so I can't even be sure that DF is the problem, but it seems like it.

I built this for use on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit. I don't see either of these problems on the "normal" DF.

Has anyone else had these issues at all?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2541 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:20 am »

try changing your font sizes/cell sizes/cell padding in the options for the resizing problem. if the font (or some characters) are larger than the cell sizes, it will automatically resize the cell to accommodate the font/characters.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: September 25, 2012, 01:32:01 pm »

Windows, Ease of Access, also has a Font size adjustment that carries over globally, into Dwarf Therapist, but not Dwarf Fortress.  Something to think about, if its not just the DT applet.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: October 23, 2012, 07:31:14 pm »

Is it possible to make DT not show certain skills in the skill list? My screen isn't wide enough for the program and I am not interested in half the skills anyway.
That would be great :)
What about another panel in the options, named "skills you want to see in the labor panel", with everything marked "on" by default ?

Btw, about the options panel, here is a tiny bug : part of the words don't appear on top. 100% reproductible, Linux only bug, not Windows.

Augh, I only wish I could see this on my machine!  I downloaded Splinterz' DF, but it's a .zip and runs in Mono or Wine, so naturally it can't see the native Linux DF session that's running.  I've gotten used to running DF without this tool, but after I hit 50 or so dwarves it's something I would find very handy.  How on earth did you get DT running on Ubuntu?  >:(
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2544 on: October 25, 2012, 08:32:22 am »

Augh, I only wish I could see this on my machine!  I downloaded Splinterz' DF, but it's a .zip and runs in Mono or Wine, so naturally it can't see the native Linux DF session that's running.  I've gotten used to running DF without this tool, but after I hit 50 or so dwarves it's something I would find very handy.  How on earth did you get DT running on Ubuntu?  >:(

you'll have to grab the source and compile it as per the instructions here. just make sure to change the clone address from https://dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/ to https://splintermind@code.google.com/r/splintermind-attributes/

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: October 26, 2012, 12:22:06 pm »

I much prefer the splinterz version, but it has two problems for me. First is that the size of the grid changes back and forth between squares and tall rectangles, about half the time when I click on it. For example, I'll want to enable all the medical labors on a dwarf. When I click "diagnosis" all of the squares will change to rectangles which moves the labor checkbox for surgery down about an inch or two on my screen. When I click that one they change back into squares and move back up. It's way more annoying than it sounds.

Has anyone else had these issues at all?

yes. me. i think it has to do with the nobles special chars in the front that cause all other cells to resize. something like that. the cells r based on the 1sr rows height

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: October 26, 2012, 10:17:04 pm »

um... what's up with no gui?  I don't know how to use this new alpha version.  the python file doesn't open up anything.

meant for masterwork mod
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:24:07 pm by thistleknot »

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: October 30, 2012, 03:43:03 pm »

Hey, does this version work on .31.25? I'm not comfortable with DF 2012 so I'm going back to a version I am comfortable with.

If not, can I get a link to the .31.25-compatible version?

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: October 30, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »

Hey, does this version work on .31.25? I'm not comfortable with DF 2012 so I'm going back to a version I am comfortable with.

If not, can I get a link to the .31.25-compatible version?

It's all there. Not sure about splinterz version, u would have to check the memory layouts (Hack folder: /etc/memory_layouts)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: October 30, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 192