Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843695 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2550 on: October 30, 2012, 07:04:09 pm »

Feature request

Is there a way to get the group by to nest?

such as if I want

group by migration wave
  then group by # of labors per dwarf.
    then by militia?

get my meaning?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 04, 2012, 11:56:37 am »

I did some minor updates to my labor optimizer, link with video explaining v13
v14 has a new straight column, which shows what the #'s would look like without any buffer

and on the second sheet, there's explanations of what each of the configurable fields mean.

http://youtu.be/YWYSYR66oMU

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 05, 2012, 03:53:43 pm »

Feature request:

To avoid having to figure out who should be archer/melee

have a way to show who is best at what job out of what jobs is displayed on the grid view.

For example, I have a custom view that shows melee, and ranged custom roles.  Since there attributes/traits are very similar, and their skills share half the skills needed for these roles, they score around each other.

But... if I could easily see who was best fit for melee and ranged (which I can, I have to extend the top x number of roles in the detail pane, which is a pain, because it uses all roles, what I want is to limit it to the roles in the grid view).  Then I can assign to the position I want more efficiently.

Update:
The feature is nice, but I was able to get it to work without it, by comparing it to the next column in my grid view... I just wish there was a way to show who is best melee (top 10, BUT ONLY IF melee score is higher than their range role), got to be a way to filter it.  But I guess I could use custom scripts (not sure how, I got to get one custom role to be second to the other)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:40:06 pm by thistleknot »

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 06, 2012, 06:54:03 am »

@thistleknot Is what you're looking for somehow different than the stuff splinterz fork has in it? There's a separate grid that you can sort by the dwarves "appropriateness" for each military role... Although I guess that was a bit more recent, and came after the more simple "top 10" display, so maybe you just need to pull and recompile the latest...

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »

I am using Splinterz version.  The problem I'm having is I only want it to display the roles that I have in the specific gridview, but it displays all roles that I have programmed into therapist.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 06, 2012, 12:13:03 pm »

Shishamaru made this patch for me back when Splinterz was version 15.  I updated it so it works with v17, but it crashes after 2 exports.

It is supposed to export the current grid view values into a csv format.

But it doesn't work in v17 (maybe because the grid views have different calculations?)

Anyone who wants to take a look at it and let me know what you think is the issue, I'd be in your debt.  I hope to use this csv export for an autolabor type plugin for dfhack.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7102

Update:

It's a segmentation fault happening in viewcolumn.cpp, apparently some cell is being referenced that shouldn't be.

Update:

Figured it out :)

need to update my code to include this...
Code: [Select]
if(DT->user_settings()->value("options/hide_children_and_babies",true).toBool() == false
                        || (d->profession()!="Child" && d->profession()!="Baby"))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:07:49 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »

feature request:

a way to search for preferences (rather than just show), like a grid view of sorts.  It seems preferences are multi-dimensional (since there's multiple categories of preferences. almost would need a very large grid view that showed Materials, Items, Food & Drink, Dislikes, Creatures, etc... and each specific item PER dwarf)., so I'm not sure how one could do a grid view, it would be huge, but without it, one would have to view each dwarf for there preferences and assign them...  kind of like the old way of doing stuff inside Dwarf Fortress.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »

How do you view them at all from within DT?  I haven't found that yet evidently.  I'd love to have a popup window option for a given dwarf to look into thier psyche from time to time.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 06, 2012, 11:06:51 pm »

window (splinterz branch) meneu, show preferences

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 06, 2012, 11:18:43 pm »

Meh, would help if I was running the most recent version.  Still running .16.  Ooops.  I'll try that, thanks.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2560 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:37 am »

feature request:

a way to search for preferences (rather than just show), like a grid view of sorts.  It seems preferences are multi-dimensional (since there's multiple categories of preferences. almost would need a very large grid view that showed Materials, Items, Food & Drink, Dislikes, Creatures, etc... and each specific item PER dwarf)., so I'm not sure how one could do a grid view, it would be huge, but without it, one would have to view each dwarf for there preferences and assign them...  kind of like the old way of doing stuff inside Dwarf Fortress.

yeah i considered creating a huge grid, but even with large populations, most preferences only belong to a few dwarves, which results in a lot of wasted/empty space. under the assumption that you want to check preferences for role/job/labor assignments, i figured that the combination of showing the preferences for each dwarf, and the window to show totals would be sufficient.

perhaps you can explain what you're trying to accomplish so i can better understand where improvements could be made?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 07, 2012, 08:53:59 am »

if I wanted to find bed constructing as a preference, the only way I know how to do it is look through every dwarf.  That's the main issue.  A search feature would be nice if a grid can't be accomodated.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 07, 2012, 09:03:12 am »

Could dwarf therapist.ini be moved into the dwarf therapist folder, rather be buried in some deep app data folder.  The main reasoning I ask is because sometimes I have custom roles saved in there, and when moving the dwarf therapist folder from pc to pc, I have to dig this file out to and replace it.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2563 on: November 07, 2012, 12:57:08 pm »

if I wanted to find bed constructing as a preference, the only way I know how to do it is look through every dwarf.  That's the main issue.  A search feature would be nice if a grid can't be accomodated.

use the preferences window. sort by the name, scroll down to 'Beds' and click on the row. the current grid will filter to only show those dwarves who have beds in their preferences. alternatively you can hover the cursor over the numbers and it will give you the names of the dwarves.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

Do I understand correctly that DT does not work yet for the latest version of DF? (0.34.11)?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 192