Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 846036 times)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2610 on: December 30, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »

yes i've read your post and i'm aware of the issue. ideally it may be better to remove the dependency on pidof in the first place since it's been pointed out that it's not available on all flavours of linux.
There is also "ps aux" though its output will need some parsing and filtering.
It probably works on more systems but I can't say if it is "Universal" or if its output is consistent across different types of Linux.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 31, 2012, 06:36:30 pm »

OH NO!  MY LEADER/MANAGER DWARF ROLE IS BROKEN (from the default Roles screen).  What is a dwarf to do?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2612 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:01 am »

update for the linux multiple processes and manager/leader issues. the role issue is minor, you can update it yourself by editing the etc/game_data.ini and changing "Leader\Manager" to "Leader/Manager" if you don't want to download the file again.

Download // Project Home // Full Patch Notes

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:18 am »

update for the linux multiple processes and manager/leader issues. the role issue is minor, you can update it yourself by editing the etc/game_data.ini and changing "Leader\Manager" to "Leader/Manager" if you don't want to download the file again.

Have you pushed those changes to the repository?
I don't see anything new there.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2614 on: January 01, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »

yes the repository has been updated

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:05 pm »

yes the repository has been updated
It was not showing up when I checked before.
Sigtext

Elarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 01, 2013, 06:39:21 pm »

I've tried to latest version of Therapist from http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/BuildingDwarfTherapist

I downloaded via hg clone. I built using the instructions provided.

qmake only made a release build, no debug build. I'm using gentoo 32bit and my qmake version reports

Code: [Select]
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.4 in /usr/lib/qt4

gcc is 4.5.4

When I run ./DwarfTherapist the window loads briefly for a split second, before crashing with an unknown error.

The ./log/run.log file is uploaded to the filed issue at http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=451

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 01, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »

I see at least one major problem in your log.
No valid memory layouts found in the following directories... () [src/dfinstance.cpp:106] (DFInstance)
This means Dwarf Therapist did not find the memory layouts from the "etc" directory located in the root of the directory you cloned the repository into.
Those are required to read the memory of the Dwarf_Fortress process once you find it.

The problem is that the Dwarf Threrapist executable only looks in "~/dwarftherapist/bin/release" where they would only be if you put them there and "./etc/memory_layouts/linux" in the current working directory which is almost assured to not work if you install Dwarf Therapist with "make install".
This is poorly explained in the "Debugging" section of the build instructions page.

What I do is copy the "etc" folder to the "bin/release" folder the Dwarf Therapist executable is placed in when you compile with "make" and then cd to to the "bin/release" folder and run "./DwarfTherapist" so it is able to find the memory layouts in the "bin/release/etc/memory_layouts/linux" directory.
You can make a shell script like this
cd /path/to/bin/release
./DwarfTherapist
that "cd"s to the correct directory before starting "DwarfTherapist" and put it in you path if you want to start Dwarf Therapist with a single command.

I am not sure if that is why it crashes though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:12:37 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 01, 2013, 07:57:56 pm »

I just built again and it is not working since the last bug fix.
Never mind it was because I broke my memory layout somehow.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:46:45 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 02, 2013, 12:23:27 pm »

i had this prob b4 too. splinterz prolly packaged a new etc folder in the source. got to plug that in. i learned that the hard way

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

new version is ready for release testing!  ;)

I'm loving the new version!  It makes managing artifact production in a large fortress SO much easier.

As my fort and projects get bigger, its only DT and DFHack that reduce the grind burden and allow me to continue to enjoy playing the game.  Thank you so much splinterz.  Happy New Year to you, and best wishes for 2013!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2621 on: January 02, 2013, 03:01:01 pm »

new version is ready for release testing!  ;)

I'm loving the new version!  It makes managing artifact production in a large fortress SO much easier.

As my fort and projects get bigger, its only DT and DFHack that reduce the grind burden and allow me to continue to enjoy playing the game.  Thank you so much splinterz.  Happy New Year to you, and best wishes for 2013!

great to hear! let me know if the cell highlighting for the highest moodable skills and/or artifact name displays need any tweaking. since you made the suggestions i'm relying on you for feedback :)

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 02, 2013, 05:06:28 pm »

So far, so perfect.  I'll definitely let you know if I notice anything.  ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2623 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:48 pm »

Looks like I have to update my modpack again ;) Keep up the good work. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 3/6/12 see first post)
« Reply #2624 on: January 03, 2013, 12:57:10 am »

BTW, traits and attributes are without any effect on quality of items produced by legendary dwarves.

I forgot to ask
Does legendary trump everything else?

If it does, then AS LONG AS A DWARF DOESN'T GET ANGRY doing the job, then he should be 100%  I know a chief medical dwarf (i.e. a legendary diagnoser who doesn't enjoy helping people) might not be beneficial
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 192