Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 847295 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #705 on: August 17, 2011, 07:32:49 pm »

I haven't seen how hard DF is to play without Dwarf TheRapist, but one of my forts has a population of 52, and I'm getting annoyed at the insane amounts of dwarfs I have to 'v'iew just to change labours.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »

Doesn't seem to work for my .25, but it does for my room mate and we're running the same OS. Madness.

Have you enabled automatic updating? DT needs the latest Memory.xml, and the easiest way to get that is autoupdating.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Chakravanti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2011, 03:14:57 pm »

i have a mac, but never compiled anything on it.

how should i try it?

I shit about compiling in mac but google it and hope for the best.  Try 'qt mac compile'

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 30, 2011, 03:06:54 pm »

Is this a .ZIP file?

What does DT do, exactly?

I've never used these utilities yet.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 30, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »

Is this a .ZIP file?

What does DT do, exactly?

I've never used these utilities yet.
Everything you ever wanted to know can be found: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.0

You'll want to check out the link to the project page to get a list of features.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 01, 2011, 06:04:24 am »

I was thinking about trying to compile it for the Mac, but I didnīt see any recent version of the sourcecode.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

stamasd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:12 pm »

Can't get the latest source code to run on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04)

It compiles fine according to the instructions at http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/BuildingDwarfTherapist

However when I run the binary (while having DF itself running of course) the DT window appears for a split second then disappears. I get the following in the terminal I am running the compiled DT from:

Code: [Select]
Could not open logfile for writing! "No such file or directory"
"Unknown error"

(edit) scratch that. It runs if I launch it not from the directory where the binary is, but from the root of the source code with "bin/release/DwarfTherapist"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:32:41 pm by stamasd »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:06 am »

The auto-updater says it's updated (I even went so far as to reinstall Dwarf Therapist) and I still get errors when I attempt to run with DF 0.31.25, and it looks to me as if it isn't updated.  Should I post the run.log for you?  Or is there something else I should do here?

This is the specific error message:
I'm sorry. I'm having trouble connecting to DF.  I can't seem to locate the PEB address of the process.

Please re-launch DF and try again.

I have attempted re-launching DF and it has not fixed it, I've also attempted:
Running DT only when I can see the fortress,
Running DT then DF,
Running DF then DT when I can see the fortress and attempting to force DT to scan for dwarves while a fortress is active, which should work but instead resulted in a hard crash of DT >:( .

I'm probably missing something obvious and simple here.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 12, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

Windows 7?  I thought there was a post a bit back about some new protection you have to disable....
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2011, 11:34:48 am »

Nope, I'm still running XP.   Lol32bit, I know right?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2011, 11:53:23 am »

Shouldn't have any issues on XP.

Also, no laughing here... there's a lot of XP that I actually still prefer to WinVista+ and I still work with XP every day even though I've been give two opportunities to update my Work PC.  I use 7, but I only use it for games so it's basically a Steam Console for me.  My non-gaming/everyday is a Debian laptop.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:23 pm »

Yeah, I've no idea why it isn't working.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 12, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »

The packaged download only contained memory layouts upto 0.31.21 for me. You'll need to download the layouts for .22+ from here and stick them in the etc/memory_layouts folder.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 12, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »

I updated those files, and it didn't fix it.  Still the same error.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 13, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »

The auto-updater says it's updated (I even went so far as to reinstall Dwarf Therapist) and I still get errors when I attempt to run with DF 0.31.25, and it looks to me as if it isn't updated.  Should I post the run.log for you?  Or is there something else I should do here?

This is the specific error message:
I'm sorry. I'm having trouble connecting to DF.  I can't seem to locate the PEB address of the process.

Please re-launch DF and try again.

I have attempted re-launching DF and it has not fixed it, I've also attempted:
Running DT only when I can see the fortress,
Running DT then DF,
Running DF then DT when I can see the fortress and attempting to force DT to scan for dwarves while a fortress is active, which should work but instead resulted in a hard crash of DT >:( .

I'm probably missing something obvious and simple here.

Have you tried reinstalling DF? Sometimes the download gets corrupted. Or, try downloading the LNP and seeing if that version works. 
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 192