Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 847342 times)

kudakeru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #945 on: February 15, 2012, 09:42:21 pm »

Has anyone had any luck getting the OS X version to do anything other than crash immediately at launch?  I've relaunched everything a few dozen times now, with no luck.

dyllionaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »

Pardon my uneducated and imbecilic mind, but is there a hotfix updating Dwarf Therapist to the new version?
If so, would anyone be so kind as to make a step-by-step guide for the less tech-prone residents of the forums?
Please and thank you.

Keep up the great work DE and those hacking away at this! It's great to have people like you around.

Divrann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

Has anyone had any luck getting the OS X version to do anything other than crash immediately at launch?  I've relaunched everything a few dozen times now, with no luck.

It happens for me, too. Win 7 x64. It worked when I first created the INI file, But not since a restart of DF. The only change I made was removing [Aquafier] tags. I wouldn't think this would do anything, but I wouldn't really know, either.

Ill just keep trying to restart until someone has a better idea. ::)

FFLaguna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:35 pm »

It happens for me, too. Win 7 x64. It worked when I first created the INI file, But not since a restart of DF. The only change I made was removing [Aquafier] tags. I wouldn't think this would do anything, but I wouldn't really know, either.

Ill just keep trying to restart until someone has a better idea. ::)

I right-clicked on Dwarf Fortress (not Therapist) and clicked "Run as Administrator", and Dwarf Therapist was able to read the dorf memory values right away without hanging. Although it may have just been restarting that fixed it for me.

In any case, I was getting the hanging errors, but now I'm not. DT is working great. :D

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:00 pm »

Found the rest of the offsets, release is pending.
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Divrann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 15, 2012, 10:09:29 pm »

I right-clicked on Dwarf Fortress (not Therapist) and clicked "Run as Administrator", and Dwarf Therapist was able to read the dorf memory values right away without hanging. Although it may have just been restarting that fixed it for me.

In any case, I was getting the hanging errors, but now I'm not. DT is working great. :D
[/quote]

Well It didnt freeze after running DF as Admin, but instead I get an error from DT saying:
"I'm sorry. I'm having trouble connecting to DF. I can't seem to locate the PEB address of the process.

Please re-launch DF and try again."

Definatly not an error I've seen before, did try restarting to no effect.
Interestingly enough, when I run DT as an Admin also, it just goes back to freezing.

*Shrug*

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »

Awesome you are truly a Dwarf Engineer, one of which menaces with spikes of awesomeness. On the Dwarf Engineer is a picture of a Dwarf Therapist, The feeble humans surround the dwarf praising him :)
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:46 pm »

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Can't tell you how I felt when I read that. It was like an adrenaline rush. Like christmas when I was 6. "Soon I can open the gifts!" :D

Thanks so much! You just made my day :)

Erm, actually, pending means release is going to happen in the next couple of hours, right?

Praise our Dwarven Engineer! I shall build a pyramid out of glass for you! You like glass, right? Oh, i see. Well, maybe obsidian then? No? No... You want it out of adamantine... Sure... Well... A small pyramid then?
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

I NEEEEEDDD THISSSS.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 15, 2012, 10:46:24 pm »

I NEEEEEDDD THISSSS.

Bad boy. Please rephrase that. Here is an example:

Quote from: Rephrasing
I NEEEEEDDD THISSSS. Please.

See, that looks much better, doesn't it?
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Beach Bum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 15, 2012, 10:56:53 pm »

I'll be able to play Fort mode again! Thank you for getting it working so quickly.

Kreastr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:46 pm »

Did you just tap into the military interface?  If we used this, could we make a Therapist-Like tool for organizing squads?
I hesitated for a while and then overchecked everything. Yes. This is it. The memory block where dwarf-squad assingments are stored. I even managed to modify one of my squads to consist of 3 copies of one dwarf. However, are you sure that it is a new information? I was pretty sure that it is just a block(vector_squad) already described and used in DT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 15, 2012, 11:18:58 pm »

IS DIS HAPPENING TONIGHT?

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »

IS DIS HAPPENING TONIGHT?

Again, a change in tone would be well appreciated. Let's try and rephrase this one, too...

Quote from: Rephrasing
IS DIS HAPPENING TONIGHT, Sir?

Ah, much better now. Much better.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.11 2/15/12 see first post)
« Reply #959 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 192