Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843778 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.11 2/15/12 see first post)
« Reply #960 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »

Thank you DwarfEngineer.

You hard work and dedication to Dwarf Therapist makes thousands of players jump for joy.

Keep up the hard work you sexy sexy dwarf you.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #961 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:41 pm »

IS DIS HAPPENING TONIGHT?
Settle the hell down he just posted it like 30 minutes ago, give him a while to test his work before asking stupid questions in caps.
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »

Dwarf Therapist v0.6.11 Released.

Adds support for DF 2012.

Layouts should download automatically for earlier versions, but the new version does have a few minor fixes for DF2012.

As mentioned, I've created a Tip Jar with the intent of getting a mac mini to start merging / supporting OSX. I'll look into adding linux support once again this weekend.
Please report any issues you find!

Thanks for your support!

-DE
Current Dwarf Therapist Maintainer - Tips

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 15, 2012, 11:28:14 pm »

Wow. This is amazing, DE. Thanks so much. And do find a way to set up a donations page.  As I posted, there it was. Cool.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:06 pm »

Did you just tap into the military interface?  If we used this, could we make a Therapist-Like tool for organizing squads?
I hesitated for a while and then overchecked everything. Yes. This is it. The memory block where dwarf-squad assingments are stored. I even managed to modify one of my squads to consist of 3 copies of one dwarf. However, are you sure that it is a new information? I was pretty sure that it is just a block(vector_squad) already described and used in DT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It may be known, but it's not been exploited yet.  I have yet to hear of any tool or program that utilized the memory blocks for squads.  Even if it's not new info, it's unused info, and a big chunk of info that could be dearly used.  So, aside from the usual "keep everything running" goals, I feel a squad interface added to DT would be ideal.  You assign a few squad captains, and then use the spreadsheet-like layout to drag-drop dwarves onto different squad entries.  The table would show their military skills - including Teacher and Student.

drivec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:27 pm »

thanks a ton this couldnt been better timed i jumped from 17 to 40+ dwarfs and didnt know where to start but now this should be much more managable

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 15, 2012, 11:37:31 pm »

Reading back, sorry if my excited demeanor offended some of you. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what DwarfEngineer does, and my excited babbling is merely a heart-felt expression of my appreciation. The continued support of this little program is what keeps DF playable for me, and for that I thank you DwarfEngineer and everyone else who helps for the service they do to this community.

I apologize for my spazdom. (However, W00TS!)

highwisdom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:27 pm »

Just thought I'd mention that DT is a great way to hunt vampires. custom professions don't show up for them in DF, and the 'fake names' they use in DF aren't displayed in DT. it shows their real name.

awesome work on getting this released so quickly everyone. much kudos!

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:52 pm »

Did you just tap into the military interface?  If we used this, could we make a Therapist-Like tool for organizing squads?
I hesitated for a while and then overchecked everything. Yes. This is it. The memory block where dwarf-squad assingments are stored. I even managed to modify one of my squads to consist of 3 copies of one dwarf. However, are you sure that it is a new information? I was pretty sure that it is just a block(vector_squad) already described and used in DT.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It may be known, but it's not been exploited yet.  I have yet to hear of any tool or program that utilized the memory blocks for squads.  Even if it's not new info, it's unused info, and a big chunk of info that could be dearly used.  So, aside from the usual "keep everything running" goals, I feel a squad interface added to DT would be ideal.  You assign a few squad captains, and then use the spreadsheet-like layout to drag-drop dwarves onto different squad entries.  The table would show their military skills - including Teacher and Student.
Dwarf Therapist actually uses this for the Group By: Squad option. (The offset is squad_ref_id)

Fortron

• Bay Watcher
  • Camp Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 15, 2012, 11:43:08 pm »

I just wanted to say
Thanks alot DwarfEngineer.
I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »

Well then, all we need is a way to move dwarves from one squad to another in Therapist and we'll be set!

DwarfEngineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumble Grumble...
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »

Almost forgot to mention -
Big thanks to dyn and stevedore, they definitely saved me a good amount of time with this release.

I'm sure that like DF there will be a bug fix pending soon.

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »

Holy crap that was fast. Thank you for your efforts!

Kento

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma and magma accessories.
    • View Profile
    • Uglorable
« Reply #973 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »

This is fantastic, thank you!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 15, 2012, 11:52:22 pm »

Wow, well done DE. You've saved us all.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 192