Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843645 times)

Socializator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress CZ
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2145 on: June 05, 2012, 11:50:13 am »

You can manage squads in splinterz branched version, but that hasn't made it back to the official version yet.

Does anyone have working ini for it? Posted one doesnt work for it - I guess it is for DT only
Navštivte českou Dwarf Fortress komunitu a fanpage!

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:12 am »

I've uploaded Dwarf Therapist for 34.11 to DFFD using the .ini file provided by Slink, for the good of all.

Hello there :)

Any chance a tweak will make this work for the splintermind version? I did add this v0.34.11_graphics.ini file with your text, but I guess the checksum will be wrong, no? sorry, stupid idea, this beeing the checksum of DF 34.11
Is this something I can fine easely, waiting to splinter for an update?

[info]
checksum=0x4fcc9488
version_name=v0.34.11 (graphics)
complete=true
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:03:54 pm by Argelle »
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 05, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »

These should work with the splinterz version (I haven't tested the linux version)

Windows layout

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

linux layout

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:36:11 pm by Shishimaru »

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 05, 2012, 01:27:16 pm »

These should work with the splinterz version (I haven't tested the linux version)
Windows layout

You're a bless you know?
I was scratching my head to find a bloody mechanist in the loooong list of dwarves, and here you come with this solution for splinter's therapist! Thanks a lot :)

Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

ivanthe8th

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 05, 2012, 04:16:02 pm »

Any chance someone has the layouts for 34.11 on OSX?
I've found we need to wait on DwarfEngineer for osx layouts. Wonderful people like Slink seem to work primarily on windows machines.

Many thanks to all those involved!
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?
This quote right here is the essence of DF.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 05, 2012, 07:15:40 pm »

You guys are the greatest, you know that?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 05, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »

I'm working with Splinterz on getting a version of Dwarf Organizer implemented into DT.

Really, just doing a console version (at the moment) thanks to a patch file Shishimaru gave me, I'm able to csv export Role %'s.

I've got the prototype to load up all my objects just right, initialized just right.  Now time to work on the algorithm (sweet).

I hope to figure out how to import a csv of dwarf and respective labors to auto'magically' assign the labors...

and then slowly but surely work with Splinterz to get it implemented into DT.

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 06, 2012, 11:39:10 pm »

First off - thank you for creating and maintaining this mod!!

I was hoping to get some help with Linux. I'm a Windows professional, but a Linux newbie. I cannot get it to install on Linux Mint 12. I've followed the install instructions here using Oneiric:
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/LinuxVersion

I do sudo apt-get update. And then I go to the software manager to install it. Dwarftherapist is listed. Then I click the install button, the system prompts for password and the install appears to start. But it never finishes.

I've restarted and tried the Lucid repository line. But it just won't install.

I had dwarf therapist installed previously for version 31.25. But I removed that version so I could install the latest for 34.10.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 07, 2012, 12:17:14 am »

I've always had problems getting the linux package to install. So I just download the sources and compile. It's a very easy build, once you get the prerequisites installed (but don't ask me what they are, I've forgotten). Just 'qmake' then 'make'.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2154 on: June 07, 2012, 06:55:04 am »

i've finished up another version for you ladies and gentlemen:

v13 34.07-34.11
  • new current job icons (work in progress, feedback very welcome)
  • the tabs/views will remember their sort and scroll positions (tab/view specific)
  • nobles are italicized and marked with the ☼ symbol
  • nobles can also be highlighted with user defined colors configurable in the options
  • added icons for happiness (enabled/disabled in the options)
  • only active squads are shown in the list when assigning/removing
  • added gradients to many of the backgrounds
  • the column header's font on the grids now uses the font specified in the options for the grid (this may need it's own option, i'll wait for feedback)
  • cell padding works properly now and icons are centered instead of stretched
  • bug fixes and more (see project home page for full patch notes)

Project Home // Download

DwarvesAtWork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 07, 2012, 07:32:19 am »

I've always had problems getting the linux package to install. So I just download the sources and compile. It's a very easy build, once you get the prerequisites installed (but don't ask me what they are, I've forgotten). Just 'qmake' then 'make'.
Thanks. I've tried some of that too. Qmake seems to work fine, but Make gives me an error 127.
Going off the Dwarf Therapist google code wiki pages, I've installed all the dependencies listed. But I still get error 127 on Make.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world

toasteur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 07, 2012, 07:48:02 am »

v13 34.07-34.11
  • the tabs/views will remember their sort and scroll positions (tab/view specific)

very nice, it was quite annoying when going back and forth between the job tab and the role tab to re-sort each time.

seing all these new awesome features, i was wondering if at some point dwarfs preferences could be brought to DT since i think it's now the only missing piece of information when deciding to assign jobs to dwarfs (an armorsmith/weaponsmith who likes adamantium/steel gives non-negligible bonus to the final product for example) i couldn't see objects to preferences in dfhack, some it may be hard to add if nobody knows where to look in memory for theses.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 07, 2012, 08:04:03 am »

v13 34.07-34.11

@splinterz - Something not quite right in the new version. Haven't had a chance to track it down yet, but my Linux build (debian 5.0.8, Qt 4.6.3 - I know, it's a little behind on updates), it goes through the process of loading dwarves, squads, etc with the expected progress bar display, but then hangs before it actually draws the grid. Not sure if that suggests an obvious place to look - I'll try to get a little more info later if necessary. Same results with DF 0.34.07 and 0.34.11 - didn't try all the intermediates...

Edit: had a closer look, and it seems it wasn't actually hanging - it just took that much longer to calculate everything, and it didn't help that I was testing on my slow-ish laptop instead of my main machine. Seems to work ok on this system, aside from other niggly bits already mentioned by other folk.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:35:47 pm by walberg »

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:40 am »

Is there any way to make therapist read family data ... to keep track of families?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2159 on: June 07, 2012, 08:34:03 am »

v13 34.07-34.11

@splinterz - Something not quite right in the new version. Haven't had a chance to track it down yet, but my Linux build (debian 5.0.8, Qt 4.6.3 - I know, it's a little behind on updates), it goes through the process of loading dwarves, squads, etc with the expected progress bar display, but then hangs before it actually draws the grid. Not sure if that suggests an obvious place to look - I'll try to get a little more info later if necessary. Same results with DF 0.34.07 and 0.34.11 - didn't try all the intermediates...

yeah i was afraid the drawing changes might have broken something  :-[  it seemed to be alright on my linux virtual machine, but i'll play with it some more, please let me know if you discover anything. maybe take a look at the log file or send it to me.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 192