Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 843716 times)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2160 on: June 07, 2012, 10:40:48 am »

Is there any way to make therapist read family data ... to keep track of families?

Legends Viewer is hoping to have Family Tree's at some point, i'm not sure it fits the scope for DT though unless it had a plugin system and someone rolled their own.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 07, 2012, 12:15:06 pm »

yeah i was afraid the drawing changes might have broken something  :-[  it seemed to be alright on my linux virtual machine, but i'll play with it some more, please let me know if you discover anything. maybe take a look at the log file or send it to me.

Speaking of changes:
Do you know what give the white gray letter color on top of white for the detail of dwarves? I'm struggling to read :)
While I'm at it, thanks for the good work, I can play without your version and the squad management!

Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2162 on: June 07, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »

yeah i was afraid the drawing changes might have broken something  :-[  it seemed to be alright on my linux virtual machine, but i'll play with it some more, please let me know if you discover anything. maybe take a look at the log file or send it to me.

Speaking of changes:
Do you know what give the white gray letter color on top of white for the detail of dwarves? I'm struggling to read :)
While I'm at it, thanks for the good work, I can play without your version and the squad management!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

yeah that's awful, was that just with this last update? is that on linux?

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 07, 2012, 01:11:14 pm »

It'd running on windows 7, and yes, the very last update v13 34.07-34.11 (with DF 34.10)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:13:32 pm by Argelle »
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 07, 2012, 01:36:33 pm »

Yay! Another splinterz release! Will edit this post if I find any bugs.

EDIT1: Having Argelle's same problem. Windows 7, DF 34.11
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:47:07 pm by Jon-Ace »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2165 on: June 07, 2012, 02:21:20 pm »

is it only showing light text on the tooltip over the dwarf name, or is it all tooltips?

edit: ok i've fixed the tooltip color issue, please verify that it's working properly. DOWNLOAD

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:32:09 pm by splinterz »

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 07, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »

is it only showing light text on the tooltip over the dwarf name, or is it all tooltips?

As far as I can tell, only on the dwarf tooltips.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 07, 2012, 02:36:47 pm »

edit: ok i've fixed the tooltip color issue, please verify that it's working properly. DOWNLOAD

It appears fixed, thanks.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 07, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »

Finally got round to updating from .04 to .11...

I'm loving the new 'can wield these weapons' feature even though it's about half a dozen ticks after embark. No more hoarding human weapons and seeing who takes one when ordered to!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2169 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:12 pm »

It appears fixed, thanks.

fantastic, let me know if anything else comes up. i'm also curious as to what you guys think of the icons/color stuff, good bad, irrelevant? :)

Finally got round to updating from .04 to .11...

I'm loving the new 'can wield these weapons' feature even though it's about half a dozen ticks after embark. No more hoarding human weapons and seeing who takes one when ordered to!

good to hear it's useful. i'm not sure if it was you who originally brought up the idea, but i did see it in this thread.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 07, 2012, 04:24:30 pm »

Splinterz,

I just did an hg clone and build on linux (ubuntu). It works fine for me. I love having the sort preserved, thanks for implementing it.

Since you asked for feedback on them, I'll say I'm not thrilled with the new job icons. But that may just be because I was familiar with the old ones and don't know the new ones yet. So please don't take any of these comments as criticism, except in the constructive sense. I'll probably like them more as I get used to them.

The smelt ore and make charcoal icons seem to be the same, and the icon doesn't make sense for charcoal making (and I'm not too sure about it for smelting, I thought it was brewing at first). I'm guessing the charcoal making will be changed at some point, since you did say it's a work in progress.

For some of them I just can't tell what it's supposed to be. Drink and eat seem clear enough. Sleep seems to be a circle with maybe clouds and a sun in it. I'm not sure why that's sleep, the old Z was pretty clear.

I'm guessing "fish" is the tail end of a fish that's been chopped in half (or else the head of a desk lamp). The half fish interpretation would make sense for fish cleaning or dissecting, but a whole fish would more sense for fishing. The desk lamp interpretation makes no sense, so I'm assuming that's completely off base.

I have no clue what "store item in stockpile" is supposed to be. "Pickup equipment" appears to be the same thing as "store item in stockpile", but I still have no idea what it is. Looks kind of like a big wall-mounted alarm bell, like schools used to have, but I doubt that's what it's supposed to be. :)

"Store item in bin" seems fairly clear, a bin with a green +. I assume "store item in barrel" will be changed to a barrel with a + when you get a chance.

"Pen/Pasture large animal" must be a pasture gate with a green +, but it looks to me more like a computer punch card, except that it's the wrong color. But I suspect that not many people would think of a punched card, so that probably says more about me than it does about the icon. :)

"Train War Animal" seems to be a kitty. I guess that's generic for all the training tasks, but I don't have many war kitties in my fort. Of course, I guess it could also be a War Giant Tiger, which does make perfect sense. At least I can see that it's an animal, so it must be a train animal task. So it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

The "detail wall" icon seems to be a paintbrush, which kind of makes sense. Trying to do a recognizable hammer and chisel that small would be difficult. The paintbrush does imply artistic imaging, and I can't think of anything better for engraving.

I also note that when I sort by job, "no job" and "on break" are intermingled, but the icons do make sense.

That's everything that my dwarves are doing at the moment. I guess I should work on getting them to do other things so I can tell you what's wrong with other icons as well. ;) But seriously, I do appreciate the effort. There were many tasks that all had the same icons like a blue triangle in a circle, or a blue dot, so a revamp is certainly a good thing.

Regarding the noble highlighting, i like the concept but I think the colors are too dark. I know I can create custom colors, and I'm trying out some that are much lighter. The trouble I was having is that when I have a dwarf selected, it was getting lost amongst the nobles that were all similar darkness. By having the nobles be lighter shades, the selected dwarf stands out better. It might be good to have more pastels in the non-custom colors.

The happiness icons don't appeal to me too much, either (boy, I'm sure negative today, sorry). It's too hard for my eyes to tell a yellow circle with a smile from a yellow circle with a scowl. The solid colors were much easier for me to distinguish. But you've given the option to use the icons or colors, so people can pick whichever they prefer.

The gradients also don't work too well in the happiness boxes, they're just too small for gradients to work well. The gradients do look good for larger areas, like the dwarf names.

All-in-all, a very nice set of new features, even if I mostly seem to be saying what I don't like. Thanks!
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 08, 2012, 03:55:45 am »

Nice fix, it works!
As for the feed back you ask, I'd say I like very much the new feeling globally, but I would not give a detail icon by icon as khearn did, since it seems a bit subjective. On top of it, one has to get use to it, so let it be for a moment ;-)
Current jobs : nicer, clear, but I really only look at idle dwarves or mouse other to see the job in hand.
Happiness : for me it was a nice improvement, and smileys talk more to me than colors. Sure if you have time to do, icons AND color code would be great (from yello smiling to red pissed off).
Nobles and squad : that is the very reason I use your branche of DT. A real +++.
Regarding the noble highlighting, i like the concept but I think the colors are too dark.
huh? I do not see what you refer to. For me, nobles are highlighted by * * and italics. *Stephanie de Monaco*
Roles tab : so usefull that I feel like cheating instead of reading the wiki to hire a noble :) Why are "broker" and "bookeeper" there, but not other nobles role?

EDIT : Just notice that sorting out by migration wave is wrong when another classification is set. Here : 518/518/519/518 because I classified by "miners". It is fine otherwise (all 518 then 519 in military). I not not know if it's specific to your branch, nor do I found how to "deselect" a classification (like "miners" here).

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:12:32 am by Argelle »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 08, 2012, 04:22:30 am »

If you need some happiness icons, Stonesense has some that look pretty good, and are both color coded and smileys.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2173 on: June 08, 2012, 08:32:44 am »

@khearn: whew, that's a lot to take in, thanks for taking the time to reply in such detail.
  • charcoal/coke i will change, i didn't know if it was crucial to be able to identify it as a current job, apparently it is :)
  • sleep is a clockface with clouds, a moon and stars. i know this one is tiny and i'm looking for a better alternative that's more obvious
  • i couldn't for the life of me find a decent fishing rod, so all fish related activities are the chopped fish tail
  • i separated hauling jobs into: hauling (hand-truck with crate), depot (wood crate), store in x (cardboard box). barrels, chests and stuff would be nice though
  • pen/pasture is just a dashed line box with a + sign, intended as 'add thing to area' i suppose
  • most animal jobs are just a cat icon, at the very least i just wanted to be able to identify that some job with an animal is happening. maybe i'll try to use some kind of whip or something for training instead
job and on break i'll see about changing the id number so they're separated. i'm not sure i can set the color chooser, i think it's automatically grabbing 'defined' colors. are the gradients on the happiness squares inhibiting you from distinguishing the level, or you simply don't like it?

@Argelle: you can turn on highlighting for nobles and choose colors for them in the options. i only created default roles for noble positions have have related labors. you can however create your own custom roles! i'll look into fixing the sorting when grouped by migration.

@Japa: thanks, i think those happiness icons will be much easier to distinguish

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 08, 2012, 09:01:42 am »

@Argelle: you can turn on highlighting for nobles and choose colors for them in the options. i only created default roles for noble positions have have related labors. you can however create your own custom roles!

I did see "custom professions", assumed it was for exemple a "woodgaterer" (woodcutter and herborist) but overlooked the same for roles. It is kind of way beyond my level for now, as the wiki, DF itself showing some skills for the role and my brain tell all different stories about what make a good, say, bookeeper, or a bookeeper able to gain experience.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 192