Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Delve Deeper: Dwarf-fortress inspired game on Steam?  (Read 9693 times)

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delve Deeper: Dwarf-fortress inspired game on Steam?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »

And I guess that proves that Delve Deeper has at least looked at and identified itself with games like Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress. One of the achievements is called 'Minecrafting' and the other is called 'Strike the Earth'.
Dwarves: Death from Below!

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 07:56:32 pm »

"Finished" playing the demo (read: i quit) and... Fuck this game sucks.

There is no full screen option. You can't reassign the control scheme. You can't change the resolution. You can't even change the mouse sensativity/speed of scrolling! I had to put my display [to 1280x1024 from 1024x768] just to prevent it from causing a mouse-position bug that caused 1/5th the right side of the screen from becomming unreachable; i had to move the game window to get it to hit the end turn/exit button. Then there was the graphical lag, oh sweet shit the graphical lag. What the fuck happened here? I know i have a very old graphical card (ATI 9600, whoo!) but... Oh god i was getting 8-15 frames per second or something. I don't even get that terrible a framerate on Flash movies/games, or even in Doom 3 with its unique lighting, or HL2 mods that like to throw props 7 deep on every surface like Insurgency does.
And the combat. Oh god, i wanted to try so badly to just make a team of 5 fighters and rape the other 2 Ais in the demo, because i knew it would be an effective strategy just by watching one segment of combat and how horribly 1 unit got raped by 2 others, but the framerate was just too horrible to continue.

I'm not even going to pirate this, it's just a terrible, terrible peice of crap that could've been [made, even by me, and] much more successfully in Game Maker 6 for free.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:58:57 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2010, 09:10:34 pm »

Yeah that game is turn based combat... eeeeewww. Seriously its just nothing like dwarf fortress when you don't have skinless horned monkeys ripping off the heads of your soldiers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 12:56:09 pm »

Poor combat balance and idiotic AI... yeah give this one a pass.

Incidentally the 'full demo' available on 'certain sites' comes with a trojan, so be warned.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 02:08:18 pm »

Haven't played it, after hearing a few of you guys.

Certainly influenced by DF, at least in thought.

Also, I noted that the dwarves have a striking resemblance to both the Lost Vikings and Three Panel Soul's version of dorfs.

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/view.php?date=2008-04-21
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.
Pages: 1 2 [3]