Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shameless plagiarism  (Read 5697 times)

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shameless plagiarism
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 12:21:07 am »

Today, someone dragged my best friend into a butcher shop, murdered them, and made a crown from their bones.

It's a very nice crown though.  MLID

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 12:42:43 am »

Today the trade wagon failed to come AGAIN and I raged and made a post complaining about it on bay12forums. Mild.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:56 am »

Today, I finally reached the obscure dwarven outpost I'd traveled so far to find.  The caravan I was following made camp, complaining that they couldn't see any Depot, but I was sure I could find the dwarf I'd come to find.  Pretty impressive place, really.  Wasn't to hard to find the dwarf I'd come to see either, but he was asleep.  Slept for days, heh.  By the time he woke up, I'd forgotten what I'd meant to tell him.  Made up a comment on the spot, something like 'Nice home you've made for yourselves here' or something.  Only thing I could think of.  Headed off right away, before he could ask me what I'd meant by it.  Hopefully I'll forget this over the three month journey back to my city.  MLIH
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 06:18:07 am »

Today the Queen gave birth to my son, which is weird because the closest we've ever gotten is across the dinner table.  MLID

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 01:02:29 pm »

Today, we flooded the world with lava just as an elf caravan and diplomat arrived.  A diplomat left unhappy and diplomacy was stymied.  MLID

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »

Last week, I was building this epic tower, and I accidentally built the walls around myself, trapping myself inside. Sure, I could have freed myself at any time, but be damed if I was going to do someone else's job for them, so I had to wait until today for someone to get around to freeing me.

After a severe scolding, I was ordered to finish the wall, and so here I wait another week, enjoying my solitude. My life is peaceful.

Update:

It's been 37 days since I locked myself in here. I'm so thirsty! Why hasn't anyone come to free me, yet? Don't they care? My best guess is that everyone on the outside has been killed by skeletal groundhogs, as depicted by the drawings I've etched on the floor with my beard. And if they haven't, then so help me Armok, when I get out of here I'm going to make them which they had.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »

today i went above ground. the sun made me very sick in my stomach. MLID.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Slayer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:magma]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 05:38:07 pm »

Today I tried to bash a co-worker's skull in with my bare hands because I could not find any shells. MLID.
Derp.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 05:49:57 pm »

Today, I was hit in the head by a hammer because I didn't to make a green glass goblet.

I am a metalcrafter. And we do not live near any sand.

MLID.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 06:56:50 pm »

Today, I managed, with a group of friends, to sneak into a fortress. Unfortunately, a dog saw us, but we took it and a few guards out before everyone else was killed and I ran away. I managed to grab a kid on the way out though, he should make a fine soldier.

MLIG
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

Former Projects: Roughnesschants(multi-level aboveground city)

Best summary of Dwarf Fortress:
I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »

Today, I went outside and vomited all over the elves as we were trading.  They didn't seem to mind.  MLID

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 09:25:12 pm »

Today I threw an axe at a human farmer, who took it from his wound and beheaded me. MLIA
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 09:52:24 pm »

Today, I only survived a beheading by flailing my legs in front of the axe. Still have five left after I removed the executioner from my web and ate him. MLIGCS.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »

Today, an adventurer started attacking me with his sword. I took it off him and stabbed him to death with it. MLIGDS
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 11:40:32 pm »

Today I created a dwarven water reactor powered pump stack, to suck water from the underground caverns to feed our water starved fortress. As fate would have it, it turned out to double as an effective turtle shucking machine as well. We'll never go hungry again!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MLID.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4