Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone play Kingmaker?  (Read 1734 times)

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
Anyone play Kingmaker?
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:39:38 pm »

Just a quick question, and I know this should be on the forum games page, but I just wanted to ask, does anyone play the online version of the original Kingmaker? I've found it to be fantastic, and would like to know more about it and maybe generate some interest.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play Kingmaker?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »

Just a quick question, and I know this should be on the forum games page, but I just wanted to ask, does anyone play the online version of the original Kingmaker? I've found it to be fantastic, and would like to know more about it and maybe generate some interest.

Mafia subforum, my friend =)  We've played a couple of rounds, if you and I are talking about the same thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:50:18 pm »

Mafia subforum, my friend =)  We've played a couple of rounds, if you and I are talking about the same thing.

Oh, how'd it go? Or should I just look and find out?

(Edit) Wait, now that I look, no this is different. Mine is a Wars of the Roses boardgame named for Richard Neville the Kingmaker that was first made in England back in the mid 70s (74?) or so. Comparable to Diplomacy but far more in-depth and historically oriented (to the Wars of the Roses, of course, at least at the beginning, it can very quickly degenerate into a mad free-for-all).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:55:09 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »

Oh, how'd it go? Or should I just look and find out?

Pretty well--but go look!  The "mafia gametypes" thread is the best place to ask for a round.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:04 pm »

I've played the PC conversion, but never the actual board game. The PC game seems intriguing but I'm always a little overwhelmed and usually lose interest before getting much of anywhere.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:47 pm »

(Edit) Wait, now that I look, no this is different. Mine is a Wars of the Roses boardgame named for Richard Neville the Kingmaker that was first made in England back in the mid 70s (74?) or so. Comparable to Diplomacy but far more in-depth and historically oriented (to the Wars of the Roses, of course, at least at the beginning, it can very quickly degenerate into a mad free-for-all).

Ohhh, sorry about that.  Can't help you then, unfortunately ^_^;;

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 03:49:31 pm »

God damn Kingmaker games, I'm always stuck as the king maker and not any good options.