Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress on Earth  (Read 13823 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress on Earth
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2010, 09:42:37 am »

"CAPTAIN! I've detected large quantites of WIN in this sector!"
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 11:44:22 am »

"This is Bob Harding with TFN news, bringing you more sensationalist bullshit than you can handle. The mysterious deforestation of the high slopes of the Colorado rockies has finally been solved today. Environmentalists and forest workers have discovered a cave entrance that seems to lead to an underground community belonging to some sort of cult or secret society. Our on the scene reporter Amy Expendable had more information."

"Thank you Bob, things are shaping up into a very disturbing picture here. When the cave mouth was first discovered by helicopter survey teams what appeared to be shabbily dressed men were seen around the cave mouth, but there has been no signs of movement by any of the land based teams. There is evidence that a large number of individuals have been using the cave entrance but no contact has been made. Several rangers were killed earlier today when they attempted to enter the cave and contact the inhabitants. Reports are sketchy but it seems that some sort of incredibly complex mechanical trap was built inside the cave mouth as a protection measure, surviving rangers have reported falling rocks and giant spinning serrated blades. Law enforcement agencies and the army have been called in to resolve the situation, and this is shaping up to quite possibly be the bloodiest cult or terrorist bust in the history of Colorado."

"Thank you Amy, we are receiving reports from Wade Whirlybird our eye in the sky that a large group of tanks and soldiers can be scene approaching the cave mouth."

"That's right Bob it looks like the military aren't pulling any punches here, I see tanks, APCs, and plenty of trucks driving up the crude road leading to the cave mouth. This won't be the first cult or domestic terrorist group the army has had to dig out of a high mountain cave system, and they seem to be planning to directly storm the cave entrance without attempting any sort of negotiation first. I can see them readying the tear gas, and it looks lik eany second now the dozer equipped tanks are going to take a shot at whatever killed the rangers. Wait, something is happening! It appears that some kind of disguised gates have opened up above and around the main cave entrance. We can't really see from up here, do you have anything Amy?"

"Can't help you wade, we can see the openings but there is no light inside, we're hoping this will be some sort of surrender but the army appears to believe that this is some sort of trick to draw them in. Wait we can see something in the tunnels, it appears to be light of some sort. OH MY GOD IT'S LAVA RUN RUN RUN!!!!!"

"Wade what's going on down there?"

"It's looking to be some sort of volcanic erruption. There are no active volcanoes in this area so this should be a small, WHAT THE HELL IT'S A FLOOD OF MAGMA!!! Oh god it's moving too fast none of them are going to make it. Oh god I'm hit, they have some sort of primitive anti air devices hidden in some of the tunnels. I'M GOING DOWN! TELL BOB HIS TOUPEE LOOKS LIKE A DEAD RACCOON!!!!!"

"Amy? Wade? It appears we've lost contact with our reporters on  the scene. You saw it here first folks, an unprovoked attack by a dangerous terrorist group on unarmed reporters. We are receiving reports that the a state of emergency has been declared and the air force may be mobilized. Now to Jake Erving at Peterson Air Force base in Colorado Springs."

"Bob it's pure mayhem here, bombers and helicopters are being scrambled, but it appears that the crisis up in the mountains is not the only one. There are reports that we've lost contact with NORAD and the final transmissions before communications were severed are very disturbing. It started with reports of seismic activity on the lower levels, but soon after frantic reports of heavily ARMORED that's right not just armed but armored intruders. From the sound of it somehow a group of terrorists has managed to tunnel into NORAD and it would seem they managed to bring some kind of miniature tanks in with them. There is speculation that the events up in the mountains are connected with the invasion of NORAD, the timing seems too much to be a coincidence. From what we've heard the entirety of Fort Carson has emptied out for an all out attempt to reclaim NORAD before the terrorists assume complete control. Wait a second it seems that communications with NORAD have been restored, and the terrorists are making demands. The speaker appears to be their leader, he has introduced himself as Urist KittenEater, and claims to represent the Oranges of Steel Lillies. I'm having some trouble understanding the accent but it sounds like they're demanding beer, socks, cheese, and caged animals. Everyone here seems a little confused and attempts to clarify are underway"

"You heard it here first terrorist seize NORAD and demand socks. We can only speculate as to the meaning of these demands, but one thing is certain today is a dark day for the United States, and indeed the whole world."
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 12:21:06 pm »

Tragedy struck in Boston today as 14 people died to a psychotic murderer on a killing spree. According to eyewitnesses, before the horror started the man was walking around the town, asking strangers to tell him about their family. After several people refused to, something snapped for the man and he pulled out an axe from his backpack. He then started cutting down people at random without stopping. 14 people died and 19 were severely injured, and there could have been many more had it not been for the intervention of brave Mary Johnson. This four-year-old girl somehow managed to pull off one of the murderer's shoes and beat him to death with it.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 12:52:11 pm »

A new emerging cult is on the rise, as several churches have inexplicably been risen out of the ground in several cities.  Members of the cult have said that it was inspired by an amorphous blob who had massacred most of the goblin race, standing for the sacredness of booze and virginity.  They always consider and reflect on bacon before any meal.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 12:55:39 pm »

Horros! Starbucks in the deep!

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:38 pm »

In local news, a delicatessen owned by some of our mysterious new bearded neighbors has been shut down by the FDA. The FDA investigation was prompted by several rumors on the origins of the shop's specialty item:"Dwarven Cheese," in addition to possible connections to the recent disappearance of cats in the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:46:53 pm by truckman1 »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »

A massive recall on a certain brand of soap was issued today following reports that when applied, the area of skin it was used on would literally dissolve off the body.  Rumors that said soap is made from the remains of toxic-blooded demon squirrels appear to be unfounded.  When approached by reporters, the CEO of the soap company, a short bearded man named Urist McSoapmaker, declined to comment on account of vomiting the moment the sun hit him.

Urist McSoapmaker cancels give statement: Interrupted by vomit.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »

just in:

a wagon pulled of in a suburb town in idaho today, along with seven small creatures that we call dwarves. these dwar ves were last seen by dismantling houses, hauling out furniture from sevral houses, and stealing food, goods, and carrying it into a hole that was seen dug a few hours earlier when reporters asked why they are doing this they merely said "they needed wood" why are they doing this nobod- wait? whats this? breaking news! the liquor store has just been robbed of all its alcohol!
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:34 pm »

"... we take you now to our reporter on the scene."

"Thank you, Jim.  As you can see, behind me is one of the biggest coal mines in West Virginia.  Earlier today, a mining accident occurred in which several miners were killed when new work on one of the deepest shafts resulted in an unexpected cave in.  While that is bad, it isn't why we're here.  During the rescue and recovery efforts, local miners discovered a vein of a mysterious blue compound one foreman said looked like, and I quote, "cotton candy".  All efforts to extract some of this apparently new ore using modern techniques have so far failed.  A source who insisted on anonymity claims this stuff is the ... waaaaaaiiiiiitttt ... wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttt wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaasssssssssss ttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttt sssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd ......................................"

"George?  George?!  I'm sorry folks.  It appears George is having some technical difficulties while in the field.  We'll update you with more as we get it.

"Next segment, Dwarves, and their work to provide kittens with homes ... are they really interested in the good of the animals?!"
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »

"This just in, dwarves have taken the entirety of Germany hostage by using what appears to be a huge stone chamber filled with water.  The dwarves are threatening to, and I quote, 'Open the floodgates and drown ye all unless ye give us all yer beer and cheese.'  Authorities have declined to comment on the situation, but are troubled by similar installations appearing elsewhere in the world, seemingly overnight."
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2010, 07:47:21 pm »

Barbara Twitter: "Germany. The National bank of Germany the 'Deutsche Zentralbank' was robbed today. All security systems were bypassed without being activated but luckely for the Germans one of the thieves was catched by a Guard-dog. The thieve appears to be some kind of humanoid reptlomammalian. Currently he is interrogated by the Local police-forces and scientists. Rumors say that the thieve or "Kobold" how the German news dubbed it is talking in a extremely sophisticated and contextual language with over a dozen tenses. Its also unclear how the Kobold got into the bank unnoticed but it seems like he use a very potent cloaking devise. In this incident more then 30 tons of gold went missing - this is the equivalent of 1.2 Billion Euro."

G. Newscaster: "In other news: Furrys! ....George is that serious? I hate it when you play pranks on me!"
Voice from the off "It is just read your text"
*sighs*
G. Newscaster: "In redwood National park Tourists have encountered furrys. Most disturbingly for the eyewitnesses was that these furrys were neither the beloved Nutjobs we all know neither protesting Environmentalists. One of the eyewitnesses could be interviewed before the Police and parkrangers evacuated the national park. here the video:" 

'This is real man. I mean i havent smoked all day but Bam there is this thing in front of me like straight out of a bugs bunny cartoon. I mean i hadnt a flashback or some of that sheningians it was real! All real! I tell ya! It was a deer of some sort and damned i will if that was a mask. Anyway it kicks me straight inta the nuts and says "Stop making fires or get eaten by da elves". Luckely i could take a short video with ma new mobilephone. Serious shit man'

*Video of the deerman playing in full screen*

"So that it is people real furrys in the redwood national park. Representatives of the UN as well from Peta, Greenpeace and strangely Orangina arrived at the scene lately. Also the Hosts of Anthrocon think about moving theyr convention this year to the park."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:23:48 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]