Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you agree?

So say we all!
- 34 (34.3%)
Should be more secure.
- 5 (5.1%)
I am an elfy fairy princess who is frightened of all facial hair.
- 13 (13.1%)
[Kobold noises]
- 47 (47.5%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A dire warning  (Read 6770 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: A dire warning
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 05:27:22 am »

I, for one, welcome our Lennonite overlords.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 05:45:56 am »

From his throne of chaos in the black gulfs out of space and time Lord Aquizzoth has come to bring eternal nightmares upon them who insult his divine avatar!

Ngä! Phnglwy!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 06:19:46 am »

Dearest Forumites, Comrades,

I'm glad that our friend PTTG? took up the initiative, and begun the discussion on this vital subject.
It is my humble opinion, which I know many of you share, that allowing Aqizzar ANY sort of freedom regarding his internet persona is detrimental, and quite possibly, highly dangerous, to the wellbeing of our community.

We all hold our Baron's past actions in high esteem. His firmly unchanging presence on the forums have always acted as a beacon, towards which we all could turn for reassurance in times of distress. His Manly Chin became a solid foundation for all that is good, sensible, and no-nonsense to be built upon.
Many a time, a noobish forumite has been chastised by Him, set straight from their trollish ways. Many a time, a ridiculously convoluted argument has been clarified by a short, yet brilliantly conscise paragraph written by our Aqizzar. How rampant the idiocy would've been on these here boards, if not for the shining light of Baron's reason?
We all owe what this forum has become, all it's greatness and fame, and stability - to Aqizzar. Let no one try and deny it.

But can we still believe in the Chin? Don't we all realize that it's just a fragile human mind standing behind the unflinching manliness on which we've all grown to rely so much? A human mind, however grand in the past, is undeniably prone to missteps, to failings, to socially unacceptable behaviour. It can become poisoned by reactionary thoughts, it can grow disillusioned and disenchanted, inviting frivolities, nihilism, and, indeed, insanity.
Can we still have hope in Aqizzar's aging mind? Can we trust our forum's future to a mere human?
A future so bright, so unlike the boring and crude paths of foreign creatures like /b/ and /tg/. Yet, there is now a shadow obscuring that glorious future, and as sad as it is to admit, that shadow is our dearest Baron himself.

His mind IS slipping. His resolve IS gone. This man, once full of substance and integrity, begins to fall apart!
We've all witnessed the unlikely moanings he sprouted in the sad thread. We've all seen his avatar change on nothing but a whim.
We've been all terrified and disgusted by the horrfic and tasteless DoubleDownMan appearance.
Now it's the shades, what's going to be next? A jester-hat? A moustache? A lolipop?
Yesterday it was personal revelations in the sad thread, and mentioning of a certain girl taking interest in him. Tommorow it can be yaoi pictures posting, and "help me with this girl" thread in the Life Advice.
We cannot allow this. We cannot allow the foundations of our Forums to shake so! We need to act - to bury our sentiments, our ill-begoten notions of friendship, and save the Forums and our Future.

The Baron is naked, ladies and gentelmen, and we must dress him up.
And lock him out.

Clearly, Aqizzar cannot be trusted with neither his avatar, nor his posts. His posting privileges should be revoked. A commitee shall be formed, which will periodically agree on the form and content of posts, which shall be submitted to the forums in the name of the Baron.
His avatar shall be restored to the classic Green Chin. The greenness shall be retained, to remind the populace of His(and by extension forum's) glorious revolutionary past, and inspire them to similar acts.

With all these proceedings completed, our Forum shall stand firmly, undisturbed by these turbulent times and rampaging trolls. We shall once again look into the future with hope - no, with certitude - that wherever we'll go, the Big Chin is watching us and over us.

Signed:
For the Comitee for Bay12 Restructurisation and Protection, 1st Secretary, Il Palazzo.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: Svyt gleevdressit
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:24 am »

Jyrrglee 'Aqizzar' narnn. Tiblibl?

Grn'ktosh mnmn jreenft, ktosh dansni ghib. Jbiblis wnt rrrv tpta svnn. Garengsh!

Jreentzh 'Aqizzar' kvintinv!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:13 am »

Clearly, Aqizzar needs to change his avatar more often, so that we may become numbed to it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:55 am »

Ye young whipper-snappers and your newfangled green shins! Back in my day, his avatar had a BROW chin, and we were HAPPY with that! I say it should be restored to it's classic state, ay, but that be not 'te green one!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 09:11:58 am »

Alright. Although my opinion is biased, as the person who created those Bitchin' shades, I think Aqizzar should be able to have his avatar as whatever he wants, provided it is based off the original picture of Ben. This way he is still identifyable, and has his respectatar, but is able to participate in memes, or, flights of whim.

If he likes the damn glasses, let him keep the damn glasses.
Let me ask you this. If Ben came across those unbroken glasses while he was destroying things in his leather, would he wear them?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 02:44:23 pm »

PTMBFA shall put an end to this madness. The revolution is at hand, and it cannot be stopped by your mad chin-based aristocracy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »

A future so bright...

Fear not, my good men.  The future is indeed bright, as bright as ever.  The future's so bright, I have to wear shades.  Aw yeah.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 07:53:33 pm »

Clearly, Aqizzar cannot be trusted with neither his avatar, nor his posts.

Signed:
For the Comitee for Bay12 Restructurisation and Protection, 1st Secretary, Il Palazzo.

SO, we should ensure that he has full control over them.

Aye aye Palazzo.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 07:55:35 pm »

A future so bright...

Fear not, my good men.  The future is indeed bright, as bright as ever.  The future's so bright, I have to wear shades.  Aw yeah.

If Ben requires shades to not be blinded by this bright future, we shall all be immolated within it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »

Clearly, Aqizzar cannot be trusted with neither his avatar, nor his posts.

Signed:

SO, we should ensure that he has full control over them.

Aye aye Palazzo.
OK, so my English sucks.
But you're a traitor to the cause for bringing this up.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 08:07:35 pm »

You guys are very silly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 08:11:16 pm »

OK, so my English sucks.
But you're a traitor to the cause for bringing this up.
The only traitor here is you, for denying the glorious Chin Pot will of the people! Viva La Revolution! PTMBFA Forever! We still need a slogan!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »

THE SLOGAN IS THE SLOGAN IS THE SLOGAN so on and so forth.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5