Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Star Craft Clan-MoDx  (Read 15191 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Craft Clan-MoDx
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »

Don't double-post, use the edit button.

Anyway, all we're saying is that it is common courtesy to post non-advertising threads for a while before you start doing...whatever it is you're doing.

Also, your grammar and spelling shows that you *really* don't care what people think about you.  If you don't want people to assume the worst...put a little effort into it, okay?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »

grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 09:17:40 pm »

*Sigh.*

First, fucking good grammar and spelling is a good way to get someone to actually understand what your saying.
Second, WE ARE NOT BEING NAZIS AND FORCING YOU TO DO GOOD GRAMMAR, IT IS JUST ANNOYING WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE IT.
Third, advertising is FROWNED UPON as we said, you can try to do it, but we don't like it.
Fourth, to clarify you retard, you can do what you want, but it is bloody FROWNED UPON.

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »

u all sicken me, i hope to the end of the earth that i never meant u in person

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »

Shock and awe, this kid is 16  ::)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

you can do what you want, but it is bloody FROWNED UPON.

Yeah, that's what it all comes down to.  You took what could have been a good first impression, and instead, your actions totally failed to make you any friends.

Now, this can be a learning experience.

First off:  We didn't know you before this post.  Advertising like this is like some guy coming up to you on the street trying to sell you something (insurance, a new barbed wire fence, religion...) and most of us just avoid people like that.  Sure, they think they're doing you a favor.  You probably think that people would appreciate being in your Starcraft clan.  But A) you should have pitched that to people you already knew, and B) you should have pitched it to people who were interested by posting in an existing Starcraft thread.

Second off:  Seriously, the grammar.  Anyone can write with good grammar, if they take the time to do it.  If you don't use good grammar, all we can think is that you don't think we're worth your time.  Now, what kind of first impression does that make?  It's like showing up to meet new people when you haven't taken a shower in a couple days or brushed your hair.  Appearances count, and those people will think "Wow, he really doesn't care what people think about him".  That's not a good impression to make.  Again...maybe your friends are cool with it.  But we are not yet your friends, because we don't know you yet!

You are still in the "first impressions" stage.

Now, third:  You responded to legitimate criticism by getting offended.  And sure, we got offended too, but that doesn't make you come off looking very good.  If you choose your battles, or apologize, you have a much better chance of people liking you...and you turned a lot of peoples' reactions from "hey, a Starcraft clan I might join" to "Wow, the leader sure has a nasty temper, maybe I'd better stay away".  You could have done that a little better.

Anyway, I mentioned that we're still in "first impressions".  You can still turn this around.  All you have to do is try, really, but you do have to put out the effort.

Also:
[/Karkat mode deactivated.]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:33:31 pm by Sowelu »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 09:34:01 pm »

This is a mess. Why can't we be friends?

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:34:57 pm »

first impression? i always been on forum for a while just didn't have anything to post
and as i see it here all u people post is a bunch of bullshit cause that way u post to other people and u like u pull people down for your own personal gain because that's the kind of person you are in real life, i didn't hear any suggestions on how to post better all i read was Your the worse guy in a forum ever and your full of shit, is this how you all treat new members?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:37:57 pm by drailgre »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

first impression? i always been on forum for a while just didn't have anything to post

See, that's the thing!  This thread was literally the first time you ever posted.  You might know us already, but we've never seen you before.  If you never posted anything, we can't get to know you.  That's also why people got offended at first:  Until you actually pointed it out, we didn't know you had any reason to be on the DF boards at all (maybe you'd never even played the game).  Heck, until your first response, we didn't even know that you weren't an automated program designed to post to as many boards as possible!

These are the things we have to deal with.  We actually do get real advertisers trying to sell WoW gold or whatever, every month or so (seems like every couple weeks lately).

Hence the responses...Sorry about that.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 09:47:41 pm »

I don't much care for Starcraft II, but I do like promoting friendship, harmony, and other such hippy-dippy crap, so please help the new folks feel at home. I really don't see what there is to gain by ripping into someone who posted a perfectly legitimate topic, based on their prior postcount. What does it matter? I don't see what inspired the backlash, nor how it was an appropriate response.

Anywho drailgre, I bid you welcome to Bay 12 Proper. Sometimes folks are abrasive, sometimes they're quirky... mostly they're okay people. Except Toonyman. Post lots.

Next time, you might want to start something like this off by saying "Hey there, new to the forum, but not to DF." or even just going straight to "I was wondering if anyone out there played Starcraft II. This is my ID. We should totally play a game or something." Even on the internet, proper introductions are nice.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:06 pm »

CURRENT paranormalEntity [CPE] RIGHT NOW opened memo on board OTHER GAMES.

CPE: Dude, I will try to explain again.
CPE: We dislike advertising very much.
CPE: Also, it is frowned upon.
CPE: Just because we ask you to refrain from advertising we are not trying to bring you down or break your spirit.
CPE: By merely refusing to at least try to understand what we are saying, and begin throwing insults at us, you do not garner support.
CPE: The very best you can do is adopt some good grammar and a more polite, or at least less angry persona.
CPE: Also, many new members are greeted warmly, unless they react angrily, like you.
CPE: Also, it might have been possible to make an Introduction thread, to let us know you better before you start posting things.
CPE: That, and as Sowelu said, before you responded to us, we never knew you were not a bot.
CPE: Also as Solifuge said, a proper introduction is nice and can go a long way.

CPE
closed memo.

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 09:53:42 pm »

ur still a dick

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 09:56:03 pm »

Yeah, I don't think people here are going to take you very seriously if you keep up with the "everyone is stupid and mean but me!" attitude. We just disagree with your first post here on the forums; you don't have to get angry. I honestly couldn't care less, but you could have just pointed out your flaws and apologized. This thread would have gone a much more positive direction if you didn't antagonize everyone who disagrees with you.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

drailgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »

omg ur avatar is a Spahi from Ur-quan masters

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 10:01:38 pm »

paranormalEntity [PE] began messaging drailgre

PE: You see, that type of forum manners is frowned upon. Sure, you may have random bursts of rage, but not blatantly insulting everyone.
PE: Remember, we are a different community and as suspected we'd have different conduct.
PE: We do not advertise various things, and we also do not like blatantly insulting your fellow forumites. We also do not usually type like this. "lol, y u all bitching abuot my  threa, al u post is bullshit. Ur all assholes." That is very frowned upon.
PE: And you veered off course by that comment.

paranormalEnity
ceased messaging drailgre
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4