Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Additional World Gen Parameters  (Read 653 times)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Additional World Gen Parameters
« on: September 26, 2010, 07:25:54 pm »

To my chagrin, I spend more time genning new worlds than playing the game. And not for lack of wanting to play, mind you.

My problem is that the worlds I get, even with weeks of tweaking the parameters (and using PerfectWorldDF), are way short of what I want to play in. So to make it a little easier for people like me, I'd suggest the inclusion of a few simple new parameters in the world gen settings.

• Thriving Civilisations: Obvious one. A check-list for Gobbos, Humans, Dwarves and Elves, to ensure that all checked types of civs are around and alive at the end of history.
  • Good/Evil: Just like Savagery, this one ought to be more accurately manipulable.
  • Aquifer: It seems quite difficult to handle aquifers right now, but for lots of people those are deal-breakers. A simple multiplier should account for their prevalence.
  • Economic Stone: Some things, like flux and coal/lignite, are quite frustrating to not have around. Just as with aquifers, a prevalence modifier would be nice.

Off the top of my hat, anyways. Are those imaginably doable?  :o
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Additional World Gen Parameters
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:30:19 pm »

• Economic Stone: Some things, like flux and coal/lignite, are quite frustrating to not have around. Just as with aquifers, a prevalence modifier would be nice.

1 and 2 I agree with.  This one irks me.

You want flux/coal to be "prevalent" relative to what?  Not to mention that (last I checked) all ores had a 100% density outcome (eg. the rarities in the flags weren't being properly represented and global ore rates were red lined).

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Additional World Gen Parameters
    « Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 03:24:46 am »

Alright. Replace "prevalence" with "probability of presence within a 2x2 embark square".
    Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
    I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!