Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterworks  (Read 681 times)

Leeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Wab.
    • View Profile
Masterworks
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:17:31 pm »

For some reason my weaponsmith refuses to make any kind of masterworks. Since he went secretive and became legendary I've wasted around 50 steel bars on making spears and swords and still have yet to see one. Anyone know what's up with that? Or does RNG just hate me?
"Asen Zoz, 'The Gravel of Pondering' - This is a Alunite Harp. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Blossomeven the Cold Tactics the perfect precious fire opal in Precious fire opal."

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Masterworks
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:01:11 pm »

It's just bad luck - at Legendary+1, about 17% of goods should be masterwork, increasing to ~27% at Legendary+5.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Leeko

• Bay Watcher
  • Wab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:04:00 pm »

Good to know, thanks. At the moment I'm resorting to rigging my artifacts by training all my dorfs to dabbling weaponsmith. :-\
"Asen Zoz, 'The Gravel of Pondering' - This is a Alunite Harp. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Blossomeven the Cold Tactics the perfect precious fire opal in Precious fire opal."

MycoRunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:09:05 pm »

Good to know, thanks. At the moment I'm resorting to rigging my artifacts by training all my dorfs to dabbling weaponsmith. :-\

to increase the chance they'll get weird and claim the metalforge, creating an artifact?

bcd1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:26:02 pm »

Nothing like a lead short sword to show those goblins you can cut them in two with a tiny weapon weighting 4 metric tons!
This is a feature, not a bug, correct?
You're playing Dwarf Fortress.  There isn't much of a distinction.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 10:29:54 pm »

*Dwarf 1 accidently drops a lead sword and it slices through rock down to it's hilt*
Dwarf 1:... Is is supposed to do that?
Dwarf 2: I don't know... Perhaps we should just walk away before it comes to life or something..

xellas84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:57 pm »

*Dwarf 1 accidently drops a lead sword and it slices through rock down to it's hilt*
Dwarf 1:... Is is supposed to do that?
Dwarf 2: I don't know... Perhaps we should just walk away before it comes to life or something..

And that ladies and gentlemen is how the Sword in the Stone got started!
Urist McSpearfwarf: RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.