Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Apply Cast  (Read 875 times)

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Apply Cast
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:24:15 am »

all of my doks seem to be standing next to a source of water with the job "apply Cast", but they've been standing there for... a considerable length of time i.e., several months
is this a bug? and how do I stop them from applying the cast?
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
Re: Apply Cast
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:35:36 am »

Casts are still broken. Get rid of all your Gypsum plaster and make splints instead.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:00:18 am »

If you have any buckets full of water lying around (from idle dwarves trying to bring water to those who are thirsty but somewhat busy), just forbid all of the empty buckets.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Titus Wiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 01:17:00 pm »

Yes, to make casts you need buckets with water already in them. But, to make lye, you need a bucket without water; otherwise you will end up with an unusable bucket containing both lye and water. Buckets are complicated!

The easiest way to get a bucket with water is to dig a pit and designate it as a pond. A dwarf will then fill a bucket with water and carry it to the pond. If you undesignate the pond before the dwarf empties the bucket you will get a bucket of water. Then you have to forbid all other buckets. Don't forget to forbid the buckets your docs are carrying.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

Hmm, 'fill pond' seems to be behaving the same. Got a guy standing with a bucket next to a well for a very long time on 'fill pond' job...

Titus Wiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 04:21:34 pm »

I haven't had that problem myself. Are you sure the well is working? There must be at least 3/7 of water below it.  Is he queued up behind other dwarfs? If so forbid the buckets they are carrying.