Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: The Show off your Empires Thread  (Read 85516 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
The Show off your Empires Thread
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

The purpose of this thread is for those of us who play games like Eu3 , Civilization, SOTS, Total War, what have you, basically games where you can build an empire or you control a nation. Here you can show off your empire and describe, if you so choose, your struggles in forming that Nation.

To lead by example I shall go first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Show off your Empires Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 05:21:19 pm »

This makes me want to play an empire game. Sorry, I have no examples. Yet.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »

Could be fun. Here's mine:

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:15:03 am »

My "empire" in my current webdiplomacy game. I'm England(Pink) and my ass is getting handed to me.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 04:33:51 am »

Supreme Ruler 2020, playing as Saudi Arabia. The green bit's me, although this picture's out of date, as I've taken the red country to the north (Somethingorotherbjan) and the UAE.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:14:24 pm »

Hurr am i doin it rite?
Holy Roman Empire. Formed by Byzantium. Europa Universalis 3.

Weirdness? The Netherlands moved it's capital to Mexico. England declared independence from Great Britain, and it's capital is London. Great Britain's capital is Timbuktu. Mexico is a revolutionary Republic, and dutch. Texas is mainly Greek save for one province which belongs to the USA. Haiti in North Carolina. I control massive parts of China.

I also hold Spain in a personal union that lasted until the end of the game without inheriting, but the King of Spain and the Holy Roman Emperor are the same person, so I'm calling them mine. By the time this game ended (I don't have screenshots and no more save), I owned all the little enclaves in my territory. Syria, Poland, Brittany,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:37:29 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:34:03 am »

I have a sudden urge to play EU3 again. Or SR2020. I love paradox.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 07:51:51 pm »

Update...

Ottoman Empire 1669

Its been interesting, Now pretty much moving from outright attempts of conquest as I'm over extended, I'm also trying to westernize which has resulted in pretty much a civil war, at one point my Stability was -3 because of it but THANKFULLY, my bestest friends, the Qara Konolu or whatever their called  stepped up and helped me and earned a lot of gratitude from me. (Event had me go from -3 to 0) Had a war with Milan (owns most of Italia) which was pretty "Fun" since they have like 10 land tech over me. >.>

Also, rest of the world pic:

Yes, that's right, Norway fucking invaded France.

Persia was pretty strong for awhile but thanks to me and Qara they got royally screwed.

The huge blob of Austria is a vassal to to a one province minor of Saxony thanks to a personal union.

On that note Northumberland leads a personal union with Great Britain...

Russia is still divided, Golden Horde holding all the cards it looks like, but can't stand up to the Swedes I think.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:54:42 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 12:29:20 am »

Oh god what happened to Poland, Austria what have you done.
!!&!!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 11:56:11 pm »

Kingdom Come gave me an urge to play CK...  I started as Taranto, was initially slow, unable to stand up to the Duchy of Apulia, my liege but I managed to take the province with the shield over it after a couple wars, Apulia growing pretty good itself but I knew my best chance was to become a Duchy.  Luckily to the east the Byzantines were going through a bit of crap (which they would recover from with time) and their just happened to be weak Duchy of Epirus.. and thus after a brief war the County Of Taranto became the Duchy of Epirus (Despite not actually owning anything in Epirus) Of course becoming a duchy broke my Servitude to Apullia, which seems like it caused them to collapse, while they fell I slowly prospered, gaining strength and more vassals.  The Apullian Duchy was incorporated into mine after the Cyrnenican and Palman Muslim Invasion. Finally I united enough of South Italy to name Abelard De Hauteville the King of Sicily. ALL HAIL THE KING.

Now at 65 he can finally rest and prepare his Son for the throne.
Steam Profile

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 07:09:52 am »

EU3: Complete, got it a few weeks ago. This thread partly inspired me to get it, what with the... unusual paths history can branch off to!

The year is 1517. Castille, since my friends recommended that as the best for starting out as a new player.
Need to slow down on the rampant colonization, I'm getting pretty overextended. Colonial costs are hitting me hard, the only thing keeping me afloat is the old loot and plunder strategy the real world Spain used. Keeping a war economy has been proving rough on my reputation as well.

Plans include conquering all of Africa, becoming the largest colonial power, and shattering those damn French like a cheap glass window.
Won't be easy doing the first two at the same time, and I'm having trouble getting allies to make the third a better possibility. Only chance is to wait for a mass dogpile on them again, otherwise.

Fun stuff:
France used to be cohesive, but a decisive backstab by me against them allowed me to force them to cede a few nations. They're now staying at -3 stability thanks to me, and I await a chance to strike again. They're still ridiculously powerful in military, only surpassed by Ming in raw manpower.

Aragon still exists because I'm a wimp and haven't found an opportune CB to kill them with yet. If I eventually do it, I can finally become Spain.

Timurids never died. They're terrifying and I'm glad they're over there. They have 93k men, are an empire, and are still expanding. Part of me hopes they never die because this seems to be quite a unique occurrence.

Russia will probably never see the light of day. Musco(w/v)y ceased existing about 15 years ago, and the Golden Horde, despite being a Tribal Democracy, is still quite strong. Lithuania being all up in their business doesn't help either.

Lithuania is the Holy Roman Emperor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:15:30 am by Lightning4 »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 10:33:07 am »

That's pretty good for Castille. Normally I see people become Spain before getting that huge.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »

Japanese Giant Death Robots and Nukes vs Roman Tanks of all kinds and Artillery

Civ V is awesome... I was playing a great plains map

Me (Japan)
Rome
USA
No City-States
No Barbarians

Didn't take screens, but I started in the Industrial age to speed things along.

I sent the pikemen I started with to explore the map, Rome found me, then USA found me. Many treaties of all kinds ensued. Including a war with Rome that lasted until I gave up from the lag of rendering Fallout on every tile that I didn't own... USA was pwned, Rome was between us, and I dont spam military units, so I couldn't save him.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 09:51:04 am »

until I gave up from the lag of rendering Fallout on every tile that I didn't own...

You can make the fog of war less cpu-hungry in the options menu. I found the game unplayable until I did that...

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 10:49:49 am »

until I gave up from the lag of rendering Fallout on every tile that I didn't own...

You can make the fog of war less cpu-hungry in the options menu. I found the game unplayable until I did that...
yes, I could also play on the 2D option... which I do, but the game is still demanding when several players own like 10 cities, and over 50 units, and it tries to do all of the CPU's moves AT THE SAME TIME!!! THAT is the only flaw I see in the game, it doesn't pace itself, and I end up starting with an alliance just to slow down the research, cause I can get to guns before they can get to swords... unless it's the german player, then they get to their Kernstich, or whatever it's called, before I get to swords...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33