Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: The Show off your Empires Thread  (Read 85502 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Show off your Empires Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2011, 01:03:51 pm »

Glorious Russia again, this time in 1655.

As you can see, I've just smashed in Ming's face and forced it to release Wu and Xia. I was going to conquer India with the nice, nearly infamy-free Holy War CB's but those disappear in 1650. A shame, but I'm full innovative, massively tolerant, etc etc, it didn't really make any sense anyhow.

Forgot the vassal+allies pic, but rest assured that anything inside my wonderful little blob is either an ally, vassal or thoroughly ignored.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »

You didn't seem to wanna colonize Siberia o.o

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2011, 02:20:19 pm »

It's not worth anything and takes too long. I've made a grand total of two colonies outside horde colonizing, and I gave the other to Sibir.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »

Siberia will make crap in taxes, but the trade income from the abundant natural resources is flippin' awesome.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »

Siberia has a lot of fur and gold, for example. It's definitely worth it if you have high production and trade efficiency. The only reason you wouldn't want to colonize is if you are Catholic and intend to hold onto the Papacy. Getting the papacy is determined by province count and the base tax in the provinces. This, mechanically, was intended to be sort of a way to balance the fact that Spain could basically get it every time once colonization starts.

Since you're Russia, though, I presume you're still Orthodox, in which case, you have no excuse. Siberia is absolutely worth it.
!!&!!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:03 am »

Well then, I suppose I should start up some colonies there. Atleast I'll look bigger on the map.

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2011, 06:55:44 am »

This game keeps crashing, I don't know if I'll continue it. This map shows the progression of religion from 1399-1620 and the current year in my game is 1629-

The easy part in playing Zoroastrian Persia at least for me, was the beginning with only the collapsing Timurids to contend with. Afterwards, fighting Georgia and the various Khaganates becomes much more difficult.
Converting provinces to Zoroastrianism was actually relatively easy with the religious war events, it almost felt like cheating.
Notable things are:
Very successful reformation. I've never seen this before, I wish Catholic Bohemia had never become an elector so the HRE would become a protestant institution, that would've been cool.
Venice's conquest and conversion of Turkey/Greece, the Ottoman Empire is now a 2 Province Minor.
Colonial Ireland (though they appear to have given up after those two Brazilian colonies :()
The conversion of India to Islam and following conversion back to Hinduism (I'd like to think I had a part in this)
Japan is whole and has been for a couple of decades.
Korea is Tengriist.
The Knights converted to Protestant before being swiftly gobbled up by England.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »

Man, how did you make such a neat map?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2011, 06:43:31 am »

Teutonic Order -> Prussia, 1742

First time ever playing Teutonic order, been pretty fun, slow but strong growth, completely ignoring colonization except for Greenland. One thing of note is that I'm pretty much the Sole reason the Reformation still exists, everyone else went back to Catholic, Protestent has only a couple of provinces hanging out on the edges of my territory.

Burgundy has always been the dominate faction France, but France has always managed to hold on so they haven't ever been able to actually unite the area.

Russia and I are stuck in an alliance due to a bug "Allied in a War" even if were both at peace.

Scandinavia has been a Warzone, various factions have been enjoying fighting brutal wars over Denmark, currently owned by Spain, Sweden keeps trying to conquer Norway and Finland and getting ganked by factions like me, the latest war ended with me forcing them to release Finland who I SHALL DEFEND.

Bohemia... oh gods, if you notice their 2 provinces in far east, that's a fraction of what their empire used to be... they stretched from Bohemia to bloody China and integrated almost everything into the Holy Roman Empire who they revoked voting privileges However in forming this massive empire they created massive inflation.  War eventually broke out between them and me, and after a pendulum swinging series of battles along our borders they eventually broke and me and my vassals promptly swarmed their lands. In the peace treaty they lost pretty much everything except their homelands and a few provinces here and there, and in another war later I re-instated voting in doing so stripping the Emperor title from the cold dead corpses of their armies. (Austria took the Crown)

Currently the former-Bohemian empire is pretty much a power vacuum, the nations released just aren't technologically advanced enough to defend themselves, however Zaporozhie, Nogai, and Kazakh (The green faction vassal to Persia) are all in the Holy Roman Empire, which is interesting, which is why I gave them the nickname "Holy Roman Khanates" (That's all their government types afaik)

On that note Persia is huge, they are really exploiting the hell out of that power Vacuum.

Georgia's little Kingdom is unexpected, I've never seen them do that before!

Cyprus is my Vassal, which is awesome.

Venice is copying my old Venice game and taking as much Mexico and Central America as they can get.

Tuscany owns a good chunk of Canada

Yeah, that's all I can really think of, its fun and awesome and fucked up.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:48:18 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 09, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »

Bloody hell! I'd forgotten how crazy vanilla EU III could be, that Spanish Africa is insane!Is that Spain the the Lebanon and Egypt too?
That's a great empire you've got there, I'm glad you've taken the Finns under your wing, I usually try to protect cool or interesting states too, even if they hate me. :P

Man, how did you make such a neat map?
I used this program and edited the timing a bit with Fireworks. Very neat little software.

To contribute something other than a Paradox empire, here the state of my tula and tribe in my current slowly ongoing game of Kings of Dragons pass:

The little pink "x"s are inside my tula (split apart by a wee feud I'm afraid), and the blue outline is my very large tribe which my king (who is a woman in true Dragon Pass style) presides over. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting enough cows currently, my tula is a bit too large but I refuse to split again!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »

I feel this thread was been empty long enough.

First Things First.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OH GOD AUSTRIA
OH GOD CASTILE
OH GOD BRITAIN
OH GOD THERE ARE LOT OF GAINT EMPIRES ON THIS MAP

I started as start as Naples, during the time it controlled Both Roma and the Province next to it.

It was a mostly uneventful unification: waiting for Vassals to be annexed, and then a reconquest spree once I formed Italy. At this point, I made my goal making sure France remains unified, and saving the Western Costal Balkan Countries from all being annexed by Austria. One of these goals was less then successful. Although, my opposition to the other Major Powers has made me enemies with a Large part of Europe. My only friends are people I have Freed or vassaled. I would also like to point out that I am ridiculously rich. I am getting, no shit, more then 100 gold a day. And about 2000-3000 a month. Keep in mind this is with the Teasury Silder set very very low. I am having trouble finding ways to spend all of it so my Inflation doesn't go to the shit bowl. I think my Godly income comes from the fact that I am in control of the only and Largest Trade Legue in Europe, I have Trade Agreements with everyone (That doesn't hate my guts), I have a Monopoly on the CoT in Japan (I am the only European with Traders in Asia), I have dumped obscene amounts of gold into Gold producing buildings, I have a thousand Conquered Vassals... and the list goes on. Its fucking ridiculous. My colonies aren't very Large, but I haven't spent much time on them and its still early in colonization.

The Major European Powers are Castille, Italy (Me), Great Britan (Formed far before it should have), and Austria (Though Only though Pure Size and Military Strength.) It also seems that a few more powers in Asia have risen as well.

You see those nice little Maroon bits in Southern France? Thats whats left over from their complete control over Southern France. They had control over the area for quite a while, in till I came and liberated those countries under their control. You may have noticed that GB still has some holdings there. I also freed Wales in said war, which explains why it still exists. While were on the topic of GB, I believe they also annexed Portgual at some point, but Spain got pissed and Delcared war on GB. Instead of freeing the Portuguese, the Greedy Spanish king just took the land for himself. The British Managed to keep some land, though, so they still have a few enclaves there. GB's American colonies are so god awful its funny. Each one of them are like ten people strong.

Block Alasac is Blocky.

You see that Tan Bit where the Malmusks should be? That isn't that Malmusks. Thats Syria. They revolted after the Malmusks took a Particularly hard beating. When they delcared independence, they took the Malmusks EVERYTHING. As in, they may of well annexed them. However, it seems Syria is getting Thrashed by GB right now, so no worries.

Spain failed to colonize the new world somehow. My guess is that they were too busy with all the wars in Iberia. They made up for this by annexing all of Creek. They had a wonderful time with Africa, though, putting all their colony inside it. It makes both mine and GB's colonies look God Awful, which they are.

Ming must of gotten its face smashed at one point, most likely by either the Gaint Green Blob to its West or by Rebels. Now the China region is devided between Wu (The South), Ming (The Coast), and Qin (The Center). On a side note, Wu just used to be a cute little Island off the coast of Ming, before it got supa-srs.

Hungary... this Maroon bit continued existance makes my logic break itself. It has remained that way since the games start. Austria has showed absolutely no intention of annexing it. But... Hungary isn't Austrias Vassal, Hungary is not Austrias ally, Hungary does not have any allies, Hungary is not part of the HRE, Hungary has NO army, Hungary doesn't even share Austria's Religon! THIS MAKE NO SENSE.

For some unexplainable reason, Triopli no longer exists in North Africa. It is now in Central Africa.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:18:17 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2011, 06:30:23 am »

"Western" Roman Empire :

Now let's see HoI2
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:34:21 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2011, 08:47:29 am »

I have finally transported my entire HoI2 to my laptop.

Here is how the political map was looking like in 1936 :

Here is the year 1942

Britain is Pink'ish
US is dark blue
Canada, Australia and New Zeland are where they are supposed to be.
USSR is that block surrounded by enemies.
Everything.. EVERYTHING else is either down to absolutely no meaning in the game, or in the Axis.

This is where i stopped aiding the Axis in any way i could and took control of ze US.
This is how my very first LP started, long time ago. I never got to finish it.
Perhaps, just perhaps, it's time for the games to start anew.

Germany alone has 150 armor divisions, with at least four times as much infantry.
Japan navy is ball-breaking
UK is at the edge of total annihilation with Suez closed down, colonies in Asia invaded by Chino-Japan waves, Africa lost to ze Germans and some core naval bases in Atlantic ocean taken by Japan.
USSR has been butt-raped by Germans in a record time.
Canada, Australia, South Africa and others are nigh useless.

The only good news for UK is that Japan is not in alliance with Germans. Japanese formed their own alliance with Communist China and all those indies in Asia.
Germans have every other country in the alliance, including South American nations.

US was up until now on 50% IC, due to Peace Time. The second They join the war it will go up to 100%, which is about 380 IC. Germans have 600.

Last time i've played it took me weeks to get to 1945, with Japan out, South America retaken, Suez retaken, naval supremacy on mediterran (cutting supply routes to Africa) and invasions starting in Greece, Sicily and Spain simultaneously.
Germans had nukes by then.
This was the best effin run i have had in any game.

I had an EU2 screenshot somewhere too, with Poland having a border with China on the east edge of the empire, and.. China on the west edge. But EU is just ridiculous :S
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:34:11 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »

Did you win as the US?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »

You know, I just noticed. US annexed Mexico.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33