Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: YOU BE SHAMAN!!! Day 1  (Read 2986 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
YOU BE SHAMAN!!! Day 1
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:21:49 pm »

You are a RESPECTED SHAMAN! Your teeth are IN DIRE NEED OF DENTISTRY! Unfortunately there are few DENTISTS here, seeing as you are the top MEDICINE MAN for your tribe! You live in a SECLUDED VALE far away from the TRIBE, and in order to see you someone has to make the trek out here. Despite this, you get ANNOYING VISITORS WITH GREAT FREQUENCY.

But that's your job. In exchange for your MEDICINAL SERVICES, the people give whatever they can, be that GOLD or a CHICKEN or even just their THANKS. It's for that last one that you keep your TRUSTY VOODOO DOLL on a shelf nearby. It's pretty USELESS though, so you also keep your BIG STICK in case you want to actually HURT SOMETHING.

You awaken in your bed, under the FURS. There is rustling coming from inside your HUT.

>_

Spoiler: Known locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:28:12 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: YOU BE SHAMAN!!! Day 1
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »

This kind of game/game title just up and appeared at the top of the popular list overnight, hasn't it? Hi!

De-rustle hut.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »

Hit the rustler with your stick. then take some hair, wrap around doll, and hit the doll upside the head if they do not surrender. unless it's just some sort of animal, then just move it outside.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 03:15:48 pm »

De-rustle hut.

You throw the sheets off of your head and stand up, ready to fight the-

BEAR!!!!!

THERE'S A DAMNED BEAR IN YOUR HUT!!

It stands up on two legs and makes that weird noise bears make that's somewhere between a growl and a roar.

>_

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 03:19:16 pm »

Either use shaman powers to talk the bear into leaving, or RUN.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 03:26:20 pm »

Is this mystical shamanizm, or just crappy voodoo that barely works scientifically, but still manages to provide treatment due to the belief in that it will work?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 03:29:03 pm »

Well, this is an interesting start.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

>Bear hug bear.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

Is this mystical shamanizm, or just crappy voodoo that barely works scientifically, but still manages to provide treatment due to the belief in that it will work?
Science, mostly. But it does actually heal. Your tribe is very proficient with herbs and such.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »

DON'T GODDAMN RUN! It makes the bear attack. Instead, play dead, assuming we don't possess the skill of bear-speak.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 04:24:09 pm »

We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 05:06:30 pm »

Sprinkle bear-specific drowsy dust. If this is not something we keep to hand then get eaten by the bear; why kind of shaman doesn't carry this stuff?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »

>Bear hug bear.

This sounds incredibly silly!

Sprinkle bear-specific drowsy dust. If this is not something we keep to hand then get eaten by the bear; why kind of shaman doesn't carry this stuff?

You toss a bit of MAGIC POWDER bear-ward. It falls back onto all fours and sneezes.

DON'T GODDAMN RUN! It makes the bear attack. Instead, play dead, assuming we don't possess the skill of bear-speak.
You know how bears work. This isn't going to work. There's a bald patch on the back of your head that proves it.

In the rush of adrenalin, you thwack the bear over the head with your stick. It blinks at you stupidly. It swipes at you with one paw, catching a jar of wasps and knocking it to the floor. The jar breaks and the wasps are released. You and the bear shove past eachother through the door and run about outside for a bit trying to get the wasps to stop attacking you.

Your first client of the day found you on the front steps of your hut, covered in wasp stings and sitting with a bear, likewise wounded. He looks at you both silently for a few seconds, and both you and the bear look at him. A awkward silence follows.

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 07:24:47 pm »

so, does mutual wasp stingings cause friendly bears?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 07:50:28 pm »

Naw, Comic Relief Bear is just a friendly bear. This is just the first time we met him.

Greet client. Introduce Comic Relief Bear.
Pages: [1] 2