Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need modding help.  (Read 886 times)

Shabbasaur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need modding help.
« on: November 21, 2015, 07:50:58 pm »

Lately I have been trying to mod Banana Gnomes into the game as a minor civilization, but I seem to have hit a dead end. I am trying to make them steal from your fortress, but bananas exclusively, and I would also like their diet to be exclusive to bananas. Can someone tell me how I can achieve this?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Need modding help.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »

[CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] lets animals steal and eat food from fortresses, but it can't be made specific to bananas. However there is a token [SPECIFIC_FOOD] which allows you to specify creatures to only eat one type of food. To my understanding the token is only on pandas who will only graze bamboo, but the wiki at least says it works for eating or grazing. I don't know how it would interact with [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] though.

So in this case you want to add [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] and [SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT_BANANA:GROWTH OR SOMETHING I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH THE NEW PLANT PART TOKENS THEY'RE VERY CONFUSING YOU'D NEED TO ASK SOMEBODY ELSE ABOUT THIS PART].
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia