Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: S.L.A.D.E (Communal modding project) - +Mozarellium Footie Pyjamas+  (Read 84233 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: S.L.A.D.E (Communal modding project) - +Mozarellium Footie Pyjamas+
« Reply #450 on: November 21, 2011, 11:46:09 pm »

So, you could make a metal without using the metal template-simply assigning a material value, melting point, boiling point, and name and let the rest randomize.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »

So, you could make a metal without using the metal template-simply assigning a material value, melting point, boiling point, and name and let the rest randomize.
So this
Spoiler: Unmodified (click to show/hide)
becomes this?
Spoiler: Random (click to show/hide)
I'm considering NOT modifying gems simply because of how many there are. If I get enough time I will though.
Finished with metal, layer stone, and mineral stone files.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:32:36 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:53 am »

Ok done. All main combat values should be random for everything. Haven't tested yet, but if it works and people want it for some odd reason I'll upload the raws.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2011, 06:04:22 pm »

Remember that you're going to have to remove all instances of the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] line.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »

Remember that you're going to have to remove all instances of the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE] line.
I didn't randomize metal because that messes up embarking. It chooses a metal for your picks and axes, often something expensive like bronze or iron, and you can't change it because there is no option. But yeah, I removed all other instances of the others.
It's working so far, haven't fought anything yet though. I noticed that things aren't getting assigned to stockpiles properly though.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:01:18 pm by Person »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 23, 2015, 09:25:42 pm »

Huh. This thread's been dead for ten years.

Never mind that, it's necro time! Ñ

Genius idea if this ever gets picked up: salade colossus.

"This creature composed purely of a fantastically tough and dense material would be the bane of all beings, if it weren't for the fact that it barely comes up to a dwarf's ankle. They find contact with fleshy beings overstimulating, and prefer to flee basically any living creature they encounter, despite the fact that they pose ABSOLUTELY NO THREAT to the colossus's existence."

This would just be perfect. Just mining through the caverns and all of a sudden you see a tiny salade man being chased by a crundle. If anyone picks this up, do it; this would be amazing.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 23, 2015, 10:08:44 pm »

Praise BOB! It's back!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]