Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Modding Tool: DF World Tinker 0.34.11.0  (Read 34152 times)

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF World Tinker
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:01:52 am »

im just taking a wild stab in the dark as to be frank.. i really dont like linux (im not slamming it or w/e)   but it could be because of your arrow.
try like this
wine dfworldtinker 4 export exportfile.txt

oh and thanks for the enlightenment on the TAGs  as i couldnt wrap my head around it, and was trying to make my Black sand into Platinum XD

hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 01:47:53 pm »

So, if I replace the thing that says SANDY_CLAY_LOAM with RAW_ADAMANTINE, all of my sandy clay loam will become adamantine?

EDIT: Hmmm... Every tile of soil on my map flashed between every stone, mineral, and gem type in the game. Why?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:21:28 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 02:22:12 pm »

im just taking a wild stab in the dark as to be frank.. i really dont like linux (im not slamming it or w/e)   but it could be because of your arrow.
try like this
wine dfworldtinker 4 export exportfile.txt

It's not the output redirection--that has no effect on programs--but I gave it a shot anyway:

Code: [Select]
wine tinker.exe region4 export region4.txt
Reading Region region4 at .\data\save\region4\world.sav
Error: world file version unsupported: 25.5
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:37:08 pm »

@Artanis00 umm are you using version, .14 thats all ive tested it on :/ but it supposedly woks all the way to 31.05
oh and armaco. i really cant understand ascii graphics sorry, but i think it might be because you have changed them around wrongly in the file. if you can send me your save and what your trying to do in an email and ill try it for you :) best i can do for you.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:40:33 pm by Wideman »
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 05:21:32 pm »

@Aramco::
This give you raw, no-safety, no-limits editing of the files data.  When you replaced the sandy clay entry with with adamantine, there became two entries for adamantine in the list.  DF got all kinds of screwy.  You need to swap the two entries, thereby replacing all the adamantine veins with sandy clay (makes HFS not so fun).  Remember, that's just playing around.  The real intent is to add new tags to the save game's reactions and workshops sections, so that you can play mods without re-gen.  Eveything else is just left in to let anyone experiment.

@Artanis00::
I uploaded a new version to DFFD.  It now has a 'force' variant for both commands, to let you circumvent any warnings/errors.  Give it a try.
I come from a unix background, but I don't have a linux development machine right now, and I have not been impressed with DF linux versions in the past.  Not impossible, my in-progress world viewing tool is intended to be cross platform from the start.
This thing is just a cheap hack that I shared.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:33:40 pm by zilpin »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »

@Aramco::
This give you raw, no-safety, no-limits editing of the files data.  When you replaced the sandy clay entry with with adamantine, there became two entries for adamantine in the list.  DF got all kinds of screwy.  You need to swap the two entries, thereby replacing all the adamantine veins with sandy clay (makes HFS not so fun).  Remember, that's just playing around.  The real intent is to add new tags to the save game's reactions and workshops sections, so that you can play mods without re-gen.  Eveything else is just left in to let anyone experiment.

@Artanis00::
I uploaded a new version to DFFD.  It now has a 'force' variant for both commands, to let you circumvent any warnings/errors.  Give it a try.
I come from a unix background, but I don't have a linux development machine right now, and I have not been impressed with DF linux versions in the past.  Not impossible, my in-progress world viewing tool is intended to be cross platform from the start.

I just wanted to see how awesome I could make the game. I proceeded to remove all inorganic tags from the list. Every stone and soil tile on the map became 'rock'.  Thanks for the assist, though.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 02:03:02 am »

The forceexport command works on 0.31.10 linux saves, as does forceimport--though I only swapped microcline and adamantine (!)--and confirmed that the switch took place.

... And then swapped microcline for sweet pods, just for kicks (crashed, obv.)

Also, don't sell yourself short. This is a sweet hack.
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 02:09:26 am »

So, if I replace the thing that says SANDY_CLAY_LOAM with RAW_ADAMANTINE, all of my sandy clay loam will become adamantine?

EDIT: Hmmm... Every tile of soil on my map flashed between every stone, mineral, and gem type in the game. Why?

Yeah, it's a duplicate entry bug, you can make it by yourself by wrong raws in slightly modded df too.

It's a great tool, thank you very much!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 02:45:32 pm »

I have a suggestion-- make a way for people to tell which world the export file is from by the text files name. As it is, they'd all be named the same thing and it would be a mess. Just change exportfile.txt to exportfile1.txt for world one, or exportfile2.txt for world two.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 03:48:16 pm »

you can do that armaco........
type in
dfworldtinker.exe 1 export export1.txt
or
dfworldtinker.exe 2 export export2.txt

etc...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »

you can do that armaco........
type in
dfworldtinker.exe 1 export export1.txt
or
dfworldtinker.exe 2 export export2.txt

etc...

Oh. I was unaware.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 03:09:29 pm »

no worries man,

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:39 am »

new version released.
see first post.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »

Tested sync with 31.15 and the higher learning mod.

Able to add Dwarven Higher Learning to the raws, and successfully add them to a 31.15 game 1 season after embark.  Everything working as far as that goes.

After successful sync, this is the approx output you should see from dfworldtinker run in interactive mode:

[Edit]
Also verified with 31.16
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 06:16:12 pm by zilpin »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2010, 06:34:58 pm »

I just wanted to say this is really awesome. Thanks for a great tool :D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5