Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I came back to this forum....  (Read 2053 times)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I came back to this forum....
« on: October 11, 2010, 12:48:32 pm »

(Before this starts: I know nobody knows who I am. I'm not trying to imply that you should know who I am. I'm just recalling some hilarious events)

Well, I find it difficult to stay here for large amounts of time, so I left these forums for a little while, drawn in by the addictive powers of Tvtropes.

Well, yesterday, I decided to come back and see if there was any new releases of DF or something.

Immediately, I am bombarded with tales of DF being open source, quantam body leaps, and underground volcanoes spewing forth their molten cargo while mile-high adamantine spires stick out of the ground like spears.

*sheds tear* DF is the greatest thing human intelligence has ever fucking invented. EVER.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: So I came back to this forum....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:49:27 pm »

It's not open-source. Just the graphics and some of the interface code.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: So I came back to this forum....
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:17:53 pm »

open source

Sadly*, you may have been misinformed.  Every once in a while you get over-entitled people thinking that it ought to be, simply because it's awesome and awesome wants to be free, but no, nobody is taking Toady's baby away from him.  :)

The rest of the new stuff is totally awesome though.

*not that sad
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!