Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why won't you die!  (Read 7755 times)

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
Why won't you die!
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »

We've all found that one not a mega beast enemy that refuses to to just die.

I've been beating that Pikeman with the table for a good five minutes, fully broken both his arms both of his lungs have several ribs jammed in them and a majority of his internal organs are damaged. All that's done is piss him off.

Stories of your seemingly immortal foes?
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Why won't you die!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:03:37 pm »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

I've been beating that Pikeman with the table for a good five minutes, fully broken both his arms both of his lungs have several ribs jammed in them and a majority of his internal organs are damaged. All that's done is piss him off.

Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »

It was one of the items strewn about a fortress that caught a bad case of murdered by forgotten beast, if you dump the rocks and such on the floor they get strewn about as well and you can pick them up too.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:07:54 pm »

Oh, and for some reason, the only real kills are jamming in the brain, smashing both lungs, or tearing enough arteries for them to bleed to death.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »

I have found that stabbing weapons are the only reliable method to kill things.

*Urist McAdventurer has grown attached to a Copper Dagger*
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:10:15 pm »

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Sweet. But next time, try using the one in the Grand dining hall, not the one in the kiddy corner where elfy tea parties are held.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 07:40:04 pm »

The fortress only lasted 2 years before the forgotten beast showed up so I doubt I'd be able to find a masterwork table, though there were some marble doors laying on the ground and there wasn't any marble in there. Even found an olivine door which is weird since you can't make doors out of gems.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 03:30:05 am »

olivine isn't a gem. its a stone, appearing in large clusters in some layer I can't remember.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:55 am »

whatever layer gabbro is has olivine
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 09:51:28 am »

Stupid tileset giving it the same thing as gems.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

I once created a spearman human, my first task was to kill a dragon (sic!) who has already killed SIXTY NINE PEOPLE! (the year was 204 so I have no idea how he racked it up so high already O_o).

Surprisingly I didn't have all that much of a problem beating him into a pile of goo (well... stabbing him into a pile of goo) but he just REFUSED to die! He had both his brain and his heart pearced, most of his limbs were broken or completely off and most (if not all) of his arteries were torn open.
I just stood there holding "right" key to automatically attack him for 10 minutes! HE JUST WOULDN'T DIE. I thought It might be a bug (why would I assume so?) so I went into a travel mode, moved one tile, came back and found him in the very same spot I left him (he had all his legs chopped off so he couldn't move). I than proceeded to go  "banzai" on him with my spear and than... he bit off my brain...

Ehhh... Later he killed another 20 (2 of them being my new adventurers) while STILL BEING IN THE SAME SPOT... God dang it...
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »

I than proceeded to go  "banzai" on him with my spear and than... he bit off my brain...

Ehhh... Later he killed another 20 (2 of them being my new adventurers) while STILL BEING IN THE SAME SPOT... God dang it...
It could have rolled or crawled away....but it just reeeeaaaaally liked that particular spot I guess.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

denisol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 09:59:03 am »

think thats bad enough? well look what happened to my adventurer , note , she still magaed to kill a few children before dying .
http://i.imgur.com/MHmH2.png
also to the guy who was taling about the dragon , look what they demanded i kill , MADMEN
http://i.imgur.com/MTAFO.png
753! impossibru

DotsTheHero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »

A Monitor brute who has fooled the people of this little village into thinking he is their deity, I was hired by the villages warlord to do it, this guy had broken everything, his heart no longer functioned, neither did many of his other vital organs. He still managed to crawl his way to the pub where the guy who hired me to kill him said "prepare to die" and just like that I was wrestled to death by 8 or so human children.

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 05:14:18 pm »

Sweet, then a civil war (loyalty cascade) began.
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.
Pages: [1] 2