Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crazy Diplomat  (Read 3168 times)

LionSilverWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrodinger's Kit
    • View Profile
    • LionWolf Studio
Crazy Diplomat
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:16:36 pm »

So I finally sit on a fortress long enough to get a Baron(ess, my Mayor is now dual-role'd) and suddenly on the horizon! A diplomat! From the human civ on the map. But wait, what's this? 'A opossum devilish diplomat from [Human Civ] has arrived.' & 'An enormous opossum twisted into humanoid form with external ribs. It is slavering. Its plum hair is long and straight. Beware its noxious secretions!'

So it turns out those secretions are ... boiling opossum man juice. And being a diplomat, he's not caught by my traps and he's wandering around the fortress with a cloud of boiling juices around him, killing all my poor dorfs! Any suggestions on how to deal with him before he halves my population?
Why is this covered in blood?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:44 pm »

Should've just locked him out. Perhaps you can force a kill order with your military, worth a try.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:01:27 pm »

Time to consider setting up a dwarf panic room with a 'oh shit' lever, a 'swiss cheese' lever, and a 'oh double shit' lever.

They'll never get past my 40 alternating tiles of floodgates and pointy objects. Of course they can destroy everything else in your fortress..but at least your dwarfs are save, right?
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Gentle Manne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:31:01 pm »

Wasn't this patched out of a recent update? I know Toady was working on removing destructive diplomats.

LionSilverWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrodinger's Kit
    • View Profile
    • LionWolf Studio
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:31:45 pm »

I'm running .14 right now, so this definitely fell through the cracks.

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 01:09:41 am »

I got an umber beast diplomat in one of my last games.  Thankfully all he did was tear down the doors in the dormitory.

I was able to order my military to attack and kill him, though.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 05:10:58 am »

Was supposed to be fixed in .13 The problem I believe is that your human civ has a demon king, which causes demon diplomats to be sent.
I'm running .12 and once tried to kill him and lost 50 chaps, once killed him losing three, once tried to drown him found that doesn't work, and once walled him in and then caused a cavein on him (worked).
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 11:21:36 am »

Wasn't this patched out of a recent update? I know Toady was working on removing destructive diplomats.
As I read it, I thought Toady fixed demon diplomats destroying stuff despite being friendly with their Building Destroyer tag in the raws. He said nothing about demon diplomats' harmful excretions/blood/breath/whatever getting fixed.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 02:41:51 pm »

Just added it to the bug tracker here. If you'd like to upload a savegame, I'm sure it'd be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:43:35 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

LionSilverWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Shrodinger's Kit
    • View Profile
    • LionWolf Studio
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 02:48:09 pm »

Just added it to the bug tracker here. If you'd like to upload a savegame, I'm sure it'd be much appreciated.

I have the savegame, just don't know how to upload it.