Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Shortest Lived Forts  (Read 42936 times)

Fisher-Risen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest Lived Forts
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2010, 07:47:21 am »

My most recent short fortress... I began digging down immediatelty, found two caverns, magma pipe then sea, followed shortly after by cotton candy. Then i breached candy land and released the clowns by accident. By early winter of the first year. It was beautiful
Quote from: Veok
"I had a great fortress going on until Leonidas kicked open the door to my clown car, but my blue suede shoes weren't ready, so Uncle Sam and his friends went to town on my tax returns."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2010, 07:28:35 pm »

My most recent short fortress... I began digging down immediatelty, found two caverns, magma pipe then sea, followed shortly after by cotton candy. Then i breached candy land and released the clowns by accident. By early winter of the first year. It was beautiful
By "Clowns," do you mean HFS?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

By "Clowns," do you mean HFS?
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 09:27:24 pm »

Embarked, set the woodcutter doing trees, and two farmers doing plants, then I went to dig mode and sketched out the first floor of my fortress for my miners to work on. I unpaused, and then got bored watching them dig and left.

Also:
Humungus Furball Shotgun
Horrifying Fiery Slaughter
Horribly Fast Stop
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:38:42 pm by AngleWyrm »

Fisher-Risen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2010, 07:54:23 am »

Yes. I mean HFS.
Quote from: Veok
"I had a great fortress going on until Leonidas kicked open the door to my clown car, but my blue suede shoes weren't ready, so Uncle Sam and his friends went to town on my tax returns."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2011, 09:31:29 am »

There must be some new ones by now...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:10 am »

Started a fort on an area heavy with gems, native aluminum, heavy forest, sand, magma and obsidian. Digging into the fort, maybe 15 minutes in, one miner inexplicably goes berserk and puts his pick through the others.

Embark near a volcano with a naturally occurring cave entrance above the magma level, imp strolls out and sets the world on fire. Never attacked the dwarves because it was too far away. I assume it attacked a wild animal or something. Either way, the forest burned.

Embarked in a volcano.

Embarked on a river.

Embarked near a family of Tigermen.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2011, 10:19:48 am »

Embarked in a volcano.

This is a story I want to hear.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2011, 11:06:14 am »

My dorfs started out right next to a river.  This section of the river had five very hungry, very angry, alligators in it.  Two seconds into the game they all jumped out of the water, killed three dorfs, and sat there on top of the wagon waiting for more free food.  All my supplies were right underneath several hundred pounds of angry alligator and NONE of my dorfs had managed to grab any weapons from wagon.  By the time I managed to retake the wagon I had two dorfs left, one was bleeding heavily, the other had a broken leg.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Blurk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:45 am »

started next to a cave with some kind of beast in it.
it was over quite fast.

xmakina

• Bay Watcher
  • in lapidem, Libertas
    • View Profile
    • Centre of the Back
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:22 am »

Started next to a magma pipe. The wagon was literally adjacent the pipe. Naturally, it burst into flames the moment I unpaused, as did the nearby dwarves. It also seemed the magma pipe was one z-level too full and magma promptly melted/ignited anything not already dead or dying.

Abandoned, reclaimed to find the pipe's magma had dropped to a z-level Below the top of the pipe, a lot of corpses and a generally unworkable site. Promptly annihilated the world and genned a new one.
Anyone who doesn't have a lever causing global apocalypse isn't playing the game correctly
But it should be easy enough not to use them in a way you feel is dumb while letting other people have their hilarity.

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2011, 11:24:50 am »

Haunted area. One single werewolf killed our mason and our carpenter within seconds. One very brave miner cut open the upper body of the werewolf but broke her own leg in the process. I've had military dwarves sustain far worse wounds, but the miner was "rescued" and put in a bed. Now a part of the "healthcare" system, she refused to move and was permanently unconscious.

The others barricaded themselves underground but we needed the food and booze outside. Each time we attempted to bring it inside, the werewolf would come back and chase the dwarves around. It would have been cool to continue but I lost the spark and abandoned.

Artzbacher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:38 am »

Also, embarking in a frozen area with temperature turned off means instant abandon.

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2011, 11:46:14 am »

Embarked in a volcano.

This is a story I want to hear.

I embarked, and was assailed with numerous instances of Urist McHapless has burned to death. It's not nearly as epic as it sounds. Granted, this was a few versions back. Probably the closest I've come to anything truly buggy, beyond the empty volcano I embarked near the one time.
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.

Hungry Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »

Ignored the alert on the embark screen and exmbarked on a volcanic island with no water and without enough booze.
And no chance of farming.
After a bit everyone died of thirst.
Now I always embark near a river.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15