Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Shortest Lived Forts  (Read 42962 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Shortest Lived Forts
« Reply #210 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:15 pm »

Very first fort, went into untamed wilds. I learned Giant Badgers like to use dwarves for paint + paintbrushes in very short order.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:11 pm »

mine lasted for 1 second then i abandoned it because it was the wrong spot.
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 30, 2012, 07:31:18 pm »

I embarked on a frozen volcano.  It was so cold that the supplies and wagon I brought were instantly destroyed by the cold. ALL OF THE SUPPLIES.

I made my miner dig into the side of the volcano and had everyone go inside for warmth (Though about two froze to death outside)

With no food or water and no source of either, my dwarves withered away in the cave, dying off one-by-one...

go to the saved files raws then objects then creature_standard then add [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK] and dont remove the [alcohol_dependent] just for fun.
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 30, 2012, 08:18:52 pm »

Back when bottomless pits were still in the game I embarked on top of one and immediately got "a section of the cavern has collapsed!", followed by all 7 dwarves falling 100 z-levels. Pits and chasms were fun; I miss the little animation effect you would get at the bottom where the falling object would dwindle away into a tiny dot and disappear, indicating that it kept falling beneath the bottom of the map. Creatures that died this way would get a special "mid-air" background to their names on the deceased screen, similar to how creatures killed by incineration had flamey names for all eternity. Pits were also fantastic for no-fuss waste disposal.
« Reply #214 on: April 30, 2012, 10:52:09 pm »

Embarked, told my miner to dig a downstair next to the wagon with an up/down stair under that; upon opening up the second tile for the up/down stair, he broke into a large cavern which collapsed the roof where the wagon was, sending the wagon and all 7 dwarves down 15 z-levels, killing them instantly.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]