Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Where on Earth would you embark?  (Read 6812 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Where on Earth would you embark?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 10:25:14 pm »

Tokyo would be a good place to embark on, collapse, and conquer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 10:30:44 pm »

Slightly different question: where on earth has the worst FPS (ocean doesn't count)?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 10:30:53 pm »

I would embark on Everest itself, just for the lulz.  Also to everyone saying they will embark in austrailia, you forget one thing, austrailia has the 9 deadliest spiders in the world, good luck.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

BigJake

• Bay Watcher
  • Know-it-all and bragart
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 10:36:02 pm »

The Richat Structure, Mauritania.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/Richat_Structure_-_SRTM.jpg
(elevation is 6:1 to the vertical in that picture)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:00 pm »

I would embark on Everest itself, just for the lulz.  Also to everyone saying they will embark in austrailia, you forget one thing, austrailia has the 9 deadliest spiders in the world, good luck.

Only nine of the top ten deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia. On the other hand, nine of the top nine deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 11:03:01 pm »

Only nine of the top ten deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia. On the other hand, nine of the top nine deadliest snakes in the world live in Australia.

You couldn't pay me to embark in Ausieland.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 11:15:17 pm »

Slightly different question: where on earth has the worst FPS (ocean doesn't count)?
Large Hadron Collider, Sweden, Game can't keep track of the high speed particles, causing the game to lag.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »

You couldn't pay me to embark in Ausieland.

Well, I plan on caging them and unleashing a Syrupleaf-style SNAKEAROK upon my enemies. War inland taipan cage (eucalyptus), anyone?
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »

Large Hadron Collider, Sweden, Game can't keep track of the high speed particles, causing the game to lag.
sweden? really?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 12:39:24 am »

I'll stick with where I live, though the aquifers, beaches, and river (with small islands and sandbars throughout) may look to be a challenging environment.

Of course, for added fun, let's start on the island strip that's separated by the river, and build outward. Most wildlife you'd have to encounter would be wild cats, panthers, raccoons, armadillo, and reasonably large spiders about the size of an adult's hand (with the occasional appearance of scorpions). Let's not forget the hurricane, shark, and mosquito seasons. At least the oysters, clams, and turtles (seasonally) would be plentiful, considering the fertile environment.

At least the palm trees would be plentiful, and breaching the mainland, there should be some rather decent resources as well. Megaprojects that can be installed: a replica of Disney World or Universal's Islands of Adventures (and the old Universal Studios). Not much in mountain-scaping. I mean, our mounts are essentially just hills.

Let's not forget, the biome seems to be evil for some reason. (SEE: PerfectWorld America render)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:47:53 am by Itnetlolor »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:03 am »

Here. It's got natural defences, ample water and lumber, and best of all, it's a volcano, so the magma is just below the surface.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2010, 01:18:20 am »

sweden? really?
sorry, Switzerland, mixed up the two cold european countries.

• Bay Watcher
  • Dammit John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 01:50:00 am »

sweden? really?
sorry, Switzerland, mixed up the two cold european countries.

There are certainly more than /two/ cold European countries.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 05:27:41 am »

Iceland. Place has some of the most pleasant volcanic activity in the world. After my minions are done creating obsidian for the day they can relax (almost wrote chill out) in a natural hot water pool. I get magma, and I get pool parties.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2010, 05:56:14 am »

Egypt. I would build massive pyramids to the Armok.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5