Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Where on Earth would you embark?  (Read 6809 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Where on Earth would you embark?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 07:30:39 am »

Paris.
Free meat shields, free steels from constructed buildings, massive stockpiles of robbable finished goods.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 07:34:52 am »

NZ I think. Plenty of magma. I mean, lake Taupo (look it up, its big and you can't get to deh bottom IN A SUBMARINE) was created by a MASSIVE volcano, which the Romans recorded seeing. But I fear there may be to many elves around these parts...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 08:40:16 am »

Sacrifice them to the volcano god.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:52 am »

NZ I think. Plenty of magma. I mean, lake Taupo (look it up, its big and you can't get to deh bottom IN A SUBMARINE) was created by a MASSIVE volcano, which the Romans recorded seeing. But I fear there may be to many elves around these parts...
ROMANS in NZ!?  ???
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 09:28:05 am »

Potentially the Galápagos Islands. I hear giant tortoise meat was seriously tasty, so tasty that none managed to make it back to Europe alive at the time. Nothing more dwarven than destroying ecosystems and the Galápagos Islands has a really unique one.

All joking aside it's volcanic, has iron, interesting fauna and flora, and has a brilliant landscape.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 12:56:18 pm »

Gudvangen, Norway!

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 02:25:33 pm »

Well if i had to chose it would have to be in the Rocky Mts. or perhaps the Mts. in State Washington. But last I heard of the dwarves living on Mt. St. Helens they went mad and the last living dwarf pulled the "End the World" Lever. That happened over 30 years ago.

May their souls rest in peace.....err..pieces

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 02:26:52 pm »

Well if i had to chose it would have to be in the Rocky Mts. or perhaps the Mts. in State Washington. But last I heard of the dwarves living on Mt. St. Helens they went mad and the last living dwarf pulled the "End the World" Lever. That happened over 30 years ago.

May their souls rest in peace.....err..pieces

Volcanos are a common source for end of the world levers, I always build one, just in case.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 03:16:02 pm »

Speaking of that, there is one way to make a real end of the world lever. Yellowstone.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »

Speaking of that, there is one way to make a real end of the world lever. Yellowstone.
If you were to turn Yellowstone into an end of the world mechanism, how will you trigger it?

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »

the trigger turns on a drill that finishes drilling into the magma chamber to release the pressure.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

ROMANS in NZ!?  ???
Nope, but the eruption was just that big.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 04:21:17 pm »

An eruption that big wouldn't have left much in the form of life on New Zealand, now would it?

Anyway I've got a thing for falling water, so I'd go for the Niagra Falls. Unfortunately, that's also a contender for the worst FPS.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:54 pm »

An eruption that big wouldn't have left much in the form of life on New Zealand, now would it?

Locally, no, absolutely not.  Probably not a thing within 150 miles or more, and mostly dead farther.   but, you'd be astounded how fast nature can recover.  Two hundred years is enough time to completely recover, much less nearly two thousand.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »

Anyway I've got a thing for falling water, so I'd go for the Niagra Falls. Unfortunately, that's also a contender for the worst FPS.

Oh, man.  Divert it for just long enough to build a few floodgates in critical places...and then you can have an entrance to your fortress behind the waterfall where the water only parts when and where you want it to.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5