Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can megabeasts become undead now, or is this just a bug?  (Read 2168 times)

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can megabeasts become undead now, or is this just a bug?
« on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

I genned a new world in .31.19 and decided to check out legends mode.  I saw a dragon that had been killed in year 23, but when I looked at his page it listed him attacking and killing people well after his "death."  I checked some other megabeasts that had died- about half of them were like this as well.  Both conclusions are horrifying.  Either megabeasts aren't registered as dead after they die and can just keep killing, or they can come back as undead and keep killing.  I'll have to go find one in Adventurer mode to check...
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Can megabeasts become undead now, or is this just a bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

Lurk Moar, this was posted in another thread yesterday.  We believe it's because creatures can "die" of hunger/thirst, but so far this is just in name only.  It marks their starvation, but doesn't render them dead, because that's not implemented yet.  This was just a test to see if Toady could make things starve during world gen.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can megabeasts become undead now, or is this just a bug?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:00 pm »

I figured it was something like that, but he was specifically "struck down."
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?