Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best Migrant Ever!  (Read 2654 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
Best Migrant Ever!
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:15:55 pm »

As you can see, she is a high master Axedorf. Did I do this? NAY! she came to my fortress this way. She has currently been put to the post of Militia Commander.
Post your best migrants in the posts below!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:18:42 pm by Icee77 »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Best Migrnt Ever!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:58 pm »

Legendary +5 in every fighting skills. He died to some FB...

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Best Migrant Ever!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:36:49 pm »

Lol, with the cut off, organize wrestling DEMONS.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:40:59 pm »

So... does she tan the skin of her enemies after spilling their guts and brains, too?
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:51 pm »

Lol, with the cut off, organize wrestling DEMONS.
Yeah, how do you do that? I always thought it would end in loss of life and limb and head and guts and your friends and your alcohol and your fortress and your sanity and your FPS and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »

Yep. Them demons have an affinity toward her. ;D
She has quite a kill streak too. she's killed around 50 gobbo's and a couple of giant bats too. Shes saved my fort too many times to count.
Luv her.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:43:38 pm »

Once had a queen arrive who was a master speardwarf, competent fighter, master dodger and high master armor user. Also came with a free steel spear. She was the militia commander of that fort.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:28:13 am »

Had a Legendary Hammerdwarf migrate in a wave of 25 other migrants...I didn't notice him until the siege 15 minutes later...gave him the heaviest warhammer I had, no armor and he almost single-handedly skull-raped every goblin on the field...he promptly threw a tantrum (I still don't know what happened) and he proceeded to kill every living entitiy in sight...I killed him finally with my failsafe, only 6 dwarves survived the massacre out of nearly 70...craziest EVAR.

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:47 am »

Had a Legendary Hammerdwarf migrate in a wave of 25 other migrants...I didn't notice him until the siege 15 minutes later...gave him the heaviest warhammer I had, no armor and he almost single-handedly skull-raped every goblin on the field...he promptly threw a tantrum (I still don't know what happened) and he proceeded to kill every living entitiy in sight...I killed him finally with my failsafe, only 6 dwarves survived the massacre out of nearly 70...craziest EVAR.

Dwarf Fortress: where the best migrant you can hope for kills your whole fortress.

Shakkara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:33:30 am »

he promptly threw a tantrum (I still don't know what happened)

RAAAAAH! No-one else to play with! Waaaah!

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:34 am »

I once had a Legendary Diagnostician migrate in with High Master suturing and surgery skills.  I immediately made him my Chief Medical Dwarf, nicknamed him 'House' and did my damnedest to get him to hurt his leg.  (To no avail, sadly.)
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Neopolis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 11:46:23 am »

I once named my doctor "House", but that's because, right as he was about to treat my miner who had both of his legs broken, he was stricken by a mood.

"Well then, Urist, it looks like both of your legs are br-... WAIT A MINUTE. I MUST MAKE A SPEAR OUT OF MULE BONE" *storms off*

But to actually give a proper answer to this question, I guess the best one would be a High Master Weaponsmith who also had a whole bunch of farming skills. Useful dude.

kronith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: where the best migrant you can hope for kills your whole fortress.

sigged

EDIT: it wont fit...  :'(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:29:01 pm by kronith »

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »

That's a damn good migrant, I've never got better than talented soldiers.

My current fortress got my favourite migrant: great miner, talented weaponsmith, talented armorer, talented furnace operater, competent suturer and competent military skills. She can dig out the ore, turn it into metal, turn it into weapons and armour, then help stitch up the wounded when things go wrong.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50:44 pm »

honestly, I'd love to have ANY migrant of a Grand-Master potash maker...REALLY?!? I've got forges going 24-7, and you make potash? ur awesome...smoothing detail for the rest of your life home dog

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.